Is it possible to install .apk from the SD card without a file manager?

jim_stem

Reaction score
Pretty much says it all. Im without a connection or a file browser, but have an app Id like to install it from the SD card.

Anyone have a solution for this?

deputc26

Reaction score
If you have adb, lol. I don't see the purpose here though, filemanagers are numerous, great and free.

OP
J

jim_stem

Reaction score
If you have adb, lol. I don't see the purpose here though, filemanagers are numerous, great and free.

He has no connection available so he cannot download one.

Exactly. Im an overseas contractor and still want to play with my phone. But because of a lack of forsight, I didnt install a file manager before I left. And as we're all aware, DROID, as awesome as it is, isnt a world phone.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
So? It is a wifi one, connect to a network and DL the file manager... you have absolutely no connection anwhere?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
just google "download astro manager" and find an http link from there... it's freeware, so not illegal

OP
J

jim_stem

Reaction score
So? It is a wifi one, connect to a network and DL the file manager... you have absolutely no connection anwhere?

No WIFI. Im working at Al Asad AB in Iraq and my only connection to the internet is a hardline : (

Also, I see youre from Naz. I was born and raised in Pburg : )

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
relocated to naz from south florida, teaching heli students in NJ and doing the NYC thing. :)

That sucks! Even when I had the pleasure of Deigo Garcia in the NAV, we had wifi :)

When you get back we'll hook up.

gentlefury

Reaction score
if you have a usb cable and computer you can force install it with adb...