is it possible to go from .602 gb rooted to stock .340?

robpit

Reaction score
did I leap before I looked installing the 2part rooted update thinking there was a backward path or is the reason my pc isn't loading the adb interface and loading 4 other drivers instead my bad. please direct me. my search button has run out of answers and my brain is fryed.

OP
R

robpit

Reaction score
can someone PM the answer if it is outside the relms of posting policy. thanks.

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
I can tell this, any time I tried to install something that wouldn't work my x would power up into bootloader mode which gave me the opportunity to regain froyo
Next the hard key layout for gingerbread is different in recovery mode
.. last team black hat app has a froyo update.zip that you just install in recovery mode, works every time.
Best of luck, but don't quote me, Im only human, and after rereading your post I see I probably wasted your time...my bad

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You can either use the disk version or rsdlite to sbf back to stock froyo. If you choose to use rsdlite all the files you will need are on mydroidworld.com, if you use the disk version I suggest doing a Google search to find the files.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
R

robpit

Reaction score
was reading about wiping before sbf'ing and taking battery out etc. found baseband updates for 7p 12p and 13p. each about 10 meg. I wonder how these are used. it is nice that they can be applied from the bootloader menu (no port communication) but wondering if causes more issues.

rsdlite cdimage seems to be the easiest but unfortunately I'm not being given that opportunity.

milski65

Reaction score
You don't apply radio updates from bootloader. And you don't have to wipe before sbf. Go to. Droidmodderx.com and look through his videos. Sbf, flashing 596 and 602, roms, ect. Many great tutorials.

jimisbell

Reaction score
I would like to go back or even just load a different ROM, but, the latest version of Gingerbread doesnt allow Droid X Bootstrap to work (Yes, I do have it rooted!..checked by using teather, it works, and bootcheck) so you cannot "go back". Catch 22!! DX Bootstrap just locks up at the "exclamation pt Triangle" and reboots only by removing the battery. I have heard that D2 Bootstrap might work, but I already paid for DX Bootstrap and dont want to buy another from the same source. They need to fix the one I paid for.

milski65

Reaction score
You can use droidx bootstrap. Just make sure usb debugging is unchecked. Google 1kds linux solution. He has a disc you can burn and get you back to 340 in 10 minutes. I've used it a dozen times without issue.

jimisbell

Reaction score
OK, now I see it. What has changed is that when I click on "Reboot Recovery" it goes to a blank screen, then to the Mot logo, and then sits forever doing absolutely nothing before presenting the menu. I was writing a response to your last note and after pressing the "reboot recovery" so that I could see what I was going to relate to you, and it sat there, I set it down to write my post. Out of the corner of my eye I caught the change after over a minute!!!

I have been a programmer since 1960 and one of our inviolate principals was that when the computer is doing something, there should be activity on the screen so that the operator does not get discouraged and think the software is broke.

But, the method of rebooting with the "home" key held down and then the "search" key does NOT work. It just hangs at the triangle logo.

Will Maderstcok340 still work to get back to froyo using reboot recovery, like it did before gingerbread??? If so, thats the easy way since I still have it on the phone. When they returned the new phone, all my sd files were still on it.

Last edited:

milski65

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the maderstock flash. You can google it and find the answer. I know the name but not how it works. And I never heard of the power and home and search button getting your phone to reboot. Most 340 roms have that option when you just hit the power button. I think there's even some apps you can get to do that. If you have time you should check the 1kds disc. I think you'd be impressed on what it does and how quickly you can get to 340 (602 version also available).

Snow02

Reaction score
OK, now I see it. What has changed is that when I click on "Reboot Recovery" it goes to a blank screen, then to the Mot logo, and then sits forever doing absolutely nothing before presenting the menu. I was writing a response to your last note and after pressing the "reboot recovery" so that I could see what I was going to relate to you, and it sat there, I set it down to write my post. Out of the corner of my eye I caught the change after over a minute!!!

I have been a programmer since 1960 and one of our inviolate principals was that when the computer is doing something, there should be activity on the screen so that the operator does not get discouraged and think the software is broke.

But, the method of rebooting with the "home" key held down and then the "search" key does NOT work. It just hangs at the triangle logo.

Will Maderstcok340 still work to get back to froyo using reboot recovery, like it did before gingerbread??? If so, thats the easy way since I still have it on the phone. When they returned the new phone, all my sd files were still on it.

Eh. Make sure you hit bootstrap recovery first. It should be fine. Edit: I see you got it.

And don't use maderstcok to go from gingerbread to froyo. Use the sbf.

jimisbell

Reaction score
Snow02, you are saying that the Maderstcok340 will NOT work to get back to stock from gingerbread??

What is done when you click on "Bootstrap Recovery"? All I get is "Success" "OK?" I have never understood the difference between "Bootstrap Recovery" and "Reboot Recovery." They obviously do two different things.

I have always used "reboot" to get to the menu but have never known what "bootstrap" did.

Last edited:

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
If using RSD lite, you may also need to SBF from.602 then to .596 and then SBF .340. For some reason, I wasn't able to SBF straight from .602 to .340

milski65

Reaction score
Snow02, you are saying that the Maderstcok340 will NOT work to get back to stock from gingerbread??

What is done when you click on "Bootstrap Recovery"? All I get is "Success" "OK?" I have never understood the difference between "Bootstrap Recovery" and "Reboot Recovery." They obviously do two different things.

I have always used "reboot" to get to the menu but have never known what "bootstrap" did.

I'm sure Snow02 could give you a much more advanced explanation on it, but you hit bootstrap recovey just to prep your phone for the actual bootstrap recovery (nneded because of the locked bootloader). After you hit okay, then reboot recovery, your phone will power off, then go into cwr (clockwork recovery). This is where you can back up your complete current settings (nandroid backup) or more importantly install (flash) the particular file you've downloaded to your phone. Sorry for the elementary explanation.