How to SBF .340

dumb2droid

Reaction score
hey guys i had issues yesterday concerning SBF but finally got it working so i thought i would share my knowledge

DISCLAMER: RSD Lite is a program that is used to flash your phone and as such can brick your phone and make it a paperweight(but you really need to be messing around with your phone to do this) NEVER THE LESS you take responsibility for your phone and i am not held responsible this is simply a tutorial for you to follow and gain knowledge from, research first! be extremely carefull and i hope you all get back to stock!

Message me or leave a comment for any questions! thanks and lets make this a sticky yea?

Things you will need:
Windows Based Computer(this method is also available on Linux and Mac but i'm not familiar with them)
RSD Lite 4.9(google this)
VRZ_MB8810_2.3.34_1FF_01.SBF(this can be found at MyDroidWorld's Website simply search for the FULL .340 SBF, DO NOT GET THE SYSTEM SBF!)

Next plug in your phone and set the connection to "PC Mode"

After that your computer should load up the proper drivers

Next you want to open RSD Lite 4.9

Under devices you should see your device with the status "Connected..."

this means your device is ready to SBF

Next at the top of the application you should see a button marked "..."(you want to click on this button and navigate to the "VRZ_MB8810_2.3.34_1FF_01.SBF" file that you downloaded)

Once you have selected the correct file, and RSD Lite see's your phone as "Connected..." you can now hit the start button at the top

it should go through the normal process and flash(be patient this can take a little while)

Now your phone SHOULD just boot up but it isn't uncommon for your phone to go into a boot loop meaning that it goes all the way to the boot animation but simply restarts in this case you want to wipe data and factory reset...in order to do this you must:

Pull Battery

power on while holding home button

Once the Moto logo comes up immediately let go of the power but continue holding the home button

wait for android and triangle to pop up

hit the search key

wipe data and factory reset(do this by using the volume keys to scroll down to "Wipe Data & Factory Reset" and click on the camera button to select and click yes once within that menu....once started in a blue banner at the bottom you might have to tap the "ok" button at the bottom repetedly to get through this process)

reboot(use volume and camera keys)

Your phone should now boot up although you will not have any contacts or any data simply download them through back up assistant or gmail

Your phone will appear as if you had just been taken out of the box
(some people have reported that their device has to be activated once again in order to this quickly you can Dial *228 and Select 1 from the menu, make sure you have the last 4 Digits of the account holders SSN on hand just in case)

There you go your phone has been SBF'd and your back to stock enjoy dancedroid

THIS AGAIN AS STATED AT THE TOP IS A METHOD I USED AND WORKED FOR ME AS WELL AS OTHER PEOPLE BUT I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE, YOU KNEW ALL THE RISKS WHEN YOU ROOTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I am at the point where I need to push the SBF but where can I find it that I don't have to join another board? Anyone willing to help? 340 is what I think I was running. Phone currently just sits at logo. Froze in the middle of restore and now not even recovery.

Thanks

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
question about OP, you say to put phone in to PC mode, what if you can't get past logo before boot animation? I can start up in to bootloader (black screen white text).

OP
D

dumb2droid

Reaction score
question about OP, you say to put phone in to PC mode, what if you can't get past logo before boot animation? I can start up in to bootloader (black screen white text).

if your in bootloader mode, that's even better! just plug in your phone and wait for RSD Lite to recognize it...it'll say "connected" you can now SBF :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to Team Blackhat's website for the .sbf. They have all the .sbf files.

As for the PC mode thing, I have always heard to go to the bootloader screen by holding the power, camera and volume down buttons with the phone off.

That's what I did.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

if your in bootloader mode, that's even better! just plug in your phone and wait for RSD Lite to recognize it...it'll say "connected" you can now SBF :)

I'm ready to try this (I Wish I remembered how I did it on the D1) but there's nothing that says connected and it's in BL mode connected with USB.

Don't want to pull the trigger and hit the start button before I should

EDIT: Changed the ID and it sees it now, also found another set of drivers

Last edited:

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Iiittttt'ssss aaaallllliiiiive!
young_frankenstein1.jpg