Is it possible to get android 2.2? And when is 4.0 being released?

thecompgame

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was wondering if i could downgrade to 2.2 for my Droid Bionic because so far the Bionic seems choppy and it just doesn't feel smooth compared to other phones with android 2.x.
Basically i just want to try to make the phone feel a little more smoother and cleaner.
Also does anyone know when 4.0 will be released for the Droid Bionic.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Pretty sure you can't downgrade. The Bionic shipped with 2.3, so it doesn't have the software stock and secondly, devs wouldn't be working backward, they're always ahead of what's released not backward. As to making it smoother, I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with their Bionic. Are you running a task killer or antivirus?

I've read that ICS blur should be out sometime in January... I think... It's been a while since I've read anything! :)

OP
T

thecompgame

Reaction score
Pretty sure you can't downgrade. The Bionic shipped with 2.3, so it doesn't have the software stock and secondly, devs wouldn't be working backward, they're always ahead of what's released not backward. As to making it smoother, I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with their Bionic. Are you running a task killer or antivirus?

I've read that ICS blur should be out sometime in January... I think... It's been a while since I've read anything! :)
Could it be because i havw not updated the phone yet? Iv been using a rom the whole time and nope i dont use anything anti viruses or task killera.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Which ROM? Also -- have you tried an alternate LAUNCHER like Go Launcher EX or ADW? They REALLY make a difference and Go Launcher added a signifivant amount if smoothness to my Bionic interface. Just don't go crazy with effects.

OP
T

thecompgame

Reaction score
I think its unleashed something sorry i forgot the full name and also i actually use go launcher ex.

OP
T

thecompgame

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info ill try the rom tomorrow and will updates help the phone?

ripper2860

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info ill try the rom tomorrow and will updates help the phone?

If by update you mean applying one of the "leaked" update files, I would suggest you NOT do that at this point. The official OTA update should be out before end of the year and if you apply a leaked update, you may not be able to apply the official update. Android forums is are rife with folks trying to get beck to STOCK for fear that they will not be able to apply the update. I would not apply anything that updates the Kernel and Radio / Baseband files. A ROM is fine as you can always flash back to a stock system partition, but a leaked update is another matter as it updates the kernel and radio files.

Hope that answers your question.