Is it just me?

stang64

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys/gals but, I think the whole "my phone is better than yours" thing is getting kinda old. I know we're all entitled to our opinion but, I don't think that gives anyone the right to bash other peoples phones or choices. Aren't we here to help each other out if possible? No matter the phone you're rocking? Just be thankful you have the means to buy an awesome phone and let people be. Can't we just be one big happy android family ( even with all the buggie devices)?

Sent from my Rezound

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
All phones have a good and a bad. Some phones do things better than others, which of course leads to gloating. However, they all do the same thing (for the most part) and all do it well enough. If you want the same phone as someone else, get an iPhone.

gthotie5

Reaction score
We could. Some people just like arguing I guess? Or maybe putting down other devices and users makes them feel better about their own?

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

OP
stang64

stang64

Reaction score
It's just weird that no matter the topic, some of them end up turning into a bash session, oh well, to each his own.

Sent from my Rezound

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's just weird that no matter the topic, some of them end up turning into a bash session, oh well, to each his own.

Sent from my Rezound

I'm all for a spirited debate but we've had a lot of threads closing because it just turns into bashing. Pretty lame how people can't be mature about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
Maturity and common sense have given way to vampires,Facebook and Snooki.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys/gals but, I think the whole "my phone is better than yours" thing is getting kinda old.
When I was shopping for a new phone I LOVED pissing contest threads. Because that is where you get the real story.

Fan boys are going to make sure that you know every single good thing about their phone (including things reviewers may not mention, because they think those things are trivial or they just forget).

Haters will make sure you know every BAD thing about the same phone. Including stuff reviewers might ignore (because they are biased) or forget to mention (because they think it is trivial or because they are just sloppy).

So I think pissing contest threads have real value for people shopping for a new phone. Certainly more value than any sales rep in a Verizon store. Haters and Fanboys are a lot more passionate about their phones than reviewers and sales reps are, so I think you will get more thorough information from them. I know people will say "yeah but is it accurate"...well, if you read enough posts from both sides, you will be able to filter out the bull**** IMO. The really good haters and fanboys always have sources.

Last edited:

vatothe0

Reaction score
Some people are desperate to validate their choices and this is how they do it.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
When I was shopping for a new phone I was not interested in why they were doing it. Just that it was helping me decide what to get.

OP
stang64

stang64

Reaction score
Never thought of it that way, I guess I can see where they can help out a little.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums