Stock vs. Root - Official Stop Bashing Thread

DebDroid

Reaction score
Perhaps you missed all the "i don't care about the update because i am rooted" in all the 2.1 threads?

2001400ex

Reaction score
Perhaps you missed all the "i don't care about the update because i am rooted" in all the 2.1 threads?

And for every one of those, there was a mod saying to not mention milking the cow, err rooting. Haha this should be an open forum, I don't see the problem with people speaking their mind. That comment was on topic.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I'm a diehard rooter... but also the one who understands why you don't wanna root... any time I get into that conversation with someone and they "should I root??" I always say "no"... you shouldn't root if you're still questioning it... wait till you can't stand not being rooted... and if that feeling never comes then your not missing out on much... you still got a killer phone and we got the same damn thing with a bunch of crap on it that makes it look pretty and run a little quicker...

Rollingbones

Reaction score
And now for a word from our sponsor:

Yes folks... is the ROM in your Droid all clogged up? Are you having trouble getting
your Droid to do WHAT YOU want it to do?

Well, Moto Roorter maybe just what YOU'RE looking for.

Try Moto Rooter.. that's the name.. and away your troubles down the drain..
....Moto Rooter... Moto Rooter!!! Call Moto Roter TODAY!!!

Meanwhile back at the ranch...... (Sorry I couldn't resist)

OP
PhoneSter

PhoneSter

Reaction score
rooting is like having kids, you either want them or you dont want them its that simple. but sometimes accidents happen or peer pressure happens and then you end up with kids.
Ok about kids compared as droids (sounds like stepford) ...kids, let me try to express my point more creative. If your at your kids school and your kid and 900 others are rooted, and 450 kids are not. If you preach day after day how much better your rooted kid is... the non rooted kids parents are gonna get sick of you

Bottom line, we're all entitled to our own opinions, but please be careful that you're only offering options, and not convincing someone to do something they don't feel they want/need to do.

:D
Bingo! Thank you! - you understand :icon_ banana:
It's no different than buying a new SS Camero and putting a "super chip" in it to double its horsepower.
Ok your at your camero club, preaching day after day how much better your ride is.... after a while you'll be racing alone cause the non rooted cars don't wanta hear what losers they are.

like politics or religion.. stop pushing on people that don't want it.... sure drop leaflets, go door to door and thump your bible every now and then, thats fine... do it daily and repeatedly and non conformers will get pissed...
Does that make sense?

By the way, I have rooted and returned due to some issues. If I read that one day we have a rooted rom that is indeed flawless. I will try again, right now I've yet to read one that does not have issues.
Can anyone here truly tell me that the perfect rom exists ?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Coming from a non rooter all I can say is in my couple weeks being in the forum everyone seems to be super cool and helpful. Any questions I have had have been answered from rooter and non rooters alike. Maybe the bashing has died down recently so I haven't seen much of it but I think most people treat eachother with great respect here. Anyways, I will say this reading about rooting and the capabilities it gives you over the phone have definitely stirred something up in me to want to finally give in and root but I am still a tad nervous about it, so I have held off. I think the time is coming soon though.

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
The way I see it is, Non Rooters were whining about why 2.1 wasn't coming out (understandable because Verizon said they would and then would fall back) so us rooters suggest "hey, just root your phone and stop whining" (also understandable) and basically that's how it starts... maybe?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Rooters and non-rooters are equally stupid , I have a friend who rooted his phone but asked me how to add a widget to home-screen :laugh: . It's so easy that anybody can do it . And if you have an insurance I don't get what's with the big fuss , it just enables you to have full control over the device and get the best out of it .

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think one thing we all can agree on is that [video=youtube;CMNry4PE93Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y]YouTube - Zombie Kid Likes Turtles[/video] is one of the funniest videos ever.

Dxun

Reaction score
I wish i was the only person that rooted. I like being 1 step ahead of everyone else ;)

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is a thread? This is a small trivial thing. Its like Apple Jack haters, talking about Lucky Charms. Its pointless. How bout we just do what we choose and enjoy are droids. :)