Is FM Radio on the Droid 4 possible?

WaltA

Reaction score
In the Play Store. Search for it. Lite and Unlocked versions (2.49 or 9.99)

My own screwup. :wacko:

I was misreading that source of the app as being "Sprint" (you know, that other carrier).

Silver Member
Reaction score
no it dosent have a chip moto said. ive tried multiple times with diffrent apps. no fm lol... even tried spirit fm

Any device that has BT has FM radio capabilities. Manufacturers don't always connect the circuit that allows the connection to be completed.

obogobo

Reaction score
Wait this is really cool! How does it work, the Bluetooth radio can be tuned to FM frequencies?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait this is really cool! How does it work, the Bluetooth radio can be tuned to FM frequencies?

From what I remember, they use the same frequencies. BT is just a bit higher than the FM stations, but has the range to pick up FM radio. Thatas why so many smartphones today have FM radio.

Marlow

Reaction score
Installed Spirit FM Unlocked today, allowed root-access and worked straight away. On my Droid 4 running ICS. Installed it on the Droid 3 then, no issues either. No root required there.

Thanks for the hints above. Really appreciated.

/M

jmagi

Reaction score
was looking away from the droid because the specs said it didnt have fm radio. i was like.. yyy would they remove it? thanks to this thread i bought a droid 4 and spirit ul works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2