FM Radio Tuner?

Rpodsss

Reaction score
Has anybody been able to get an FM radio tuner to work on the razr? I have tried everything from spirit radio to sideloading the tuner from my DX but still no luck. This is very frusterating. If anybody knows for sure it is a hardware issue than please share and I will have to replace the phone. Thanks for your help.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I'm quite sure the lack of a tuner to specifically receive FM radio signal supercedes any software to run it. For a few dollars a month, I added internet access to my XM subscription and get pretty much the whole thing via their app...when I have a data connection!! I know it's not the same as getting one's local FM radio, but it's what works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
TuneIn Radio is a nice app - it gives many local stations in your area and around the country...

SammyQ2

Reaction score
My wife just picked up a Razr - nice phone. (I am using the DX2).

I too am trying to find a FM radio app for her, but no luck. Yes, I know about TuneIn and use it a lot myself, but it is also nice to just be able to use the radio feature and skip the internet entirely.

I tried loading FMRadio.APK and couldn't get it to work.

I wonder why Motorola/Verizon didn't include this function? Probably because there is no $$$ in it for them.

OP
R

Rpodsss

Reaction score
This has been a huge disapointment for me. I used my fm tuner in my DX all the time. Some people have said that the hardware is in it but I can't get any app to run it so far. Hopefully somebody has an idea to get it to work. I will keep searching and let you know.