Is Android Armour a legit antivirus protection?

50%Kraut

Reaction score
I ran across it from a UK website, and am very sceptical of it's legitamacy. It did some funky things to my friends Droid.
Searched Droid forum, and Google and could not find a good answer, meaning %100 legit.
Thanks for any insight
50%

diablo81588

Reaction score
Don't bother using an antivirus on android unless you download apps from sketchy sites often. Otherwise you're just wasting resources and battery life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
50%Kraut

50%Kraut

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I am confused, if I go to a site I think is legit and click on a link, would that not open the Pandora's box so to speak?

jaye712

Reaction score
diablo81588 said:
Don't bother using an antivirus on android unless you download apps from sketchy sites often. Otherwise you're just wasting resources and battery life.

I agree

215 G.I JANE/OORAHH

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I would stick to downloading from the play store after a careful review of the comments. As the others have said Androids don't usually suffer from viruses. However they do get hit with spyware and malware. I've read many stories about it. I use AVG on both my laptop and my phone. AVG also has anti-theft features like remote lock down, remote wipe, & GPS locater. I have it installed "just in case". That being said i've never had a spyware/malware issue because I'm careful about what I download. But "just in case" I get sloppy or one makes it into the play store (which has happened) I want to be protected. Also I haven't noticed any extra battery usage or lag on my phone at all.

Thanks for the reply, but I am confused, if I go to a site I think is legit and click on a link, would that not open the Pandora's box so to speak?

Theoretically any link could.

diablo81588

Reaction score

Nothing will install without your permission. The only way you could end up infected is if you allow the install of a rogue app. You would need to select allow install from unknown sources in settings and then agree to install the app when prompted. Just don't download apps from sketchy sites and you'll be fine.

OrangeFuture

Reaction score
I paid for & downloaded Armour for Android & did a virus scan on it using AVG. That scan said it was malware...