Before you swap your Droid consider this

Rhampton

Reaction score
Update: This issue has been resolved for me on my phone. Hopefully this means that it is no longer a problem for anyone. Thanks

Before you swap your Droid for another one because of funky sound or some other minor defect consider this. It has happened to me and it is being reported in numerous Droid forums, motorola support and Google forums, that once you swap your Droid, you will not be able to reinstall any Google protected apps that you have purchased and will not even be able to find them or any Google protected apps listed that you haven't even tried in the Android market.

If you swapped your Droid, go to the market and search for "voice dial". You will get 9 hits. An original Droid that has not been exchanged will list 15 hits including the hot Google protected app Voice Dialer HF that does not show up in the 9 hits mentioned before.

This needs to be addressed quickly. Not only are we being denied access to the best apps because of a faulty phone, the best app producers are going to lose a chance to sell their apps.

DFXMobile, producer of Voice Dialer HF, is trying to make the point to Google that this need to be addressed quickly for the reputation of Droid and the Market community.

Last edited:
OP
Rhampton

Rhampton

Reaction score
I'm on my third Droid and I get 15 results when searching for voice dial...
Anyone else swapped their phone twice and able to get the 15 hits? Maybe 2 swaps clears googles blacklist.

boatman2220

Reaction score
I had to return the first one because of the random restarts and shutdowns. Seems like bad business to hold us to blame for getting a faulty phone.

OP
Rhampton

Rhampton

Reaction score
I had to return the first one because of the random restarts and shutdowns. Seems like bad business to hold us to blame for getting a faulty phone.
Did you try the search for "voice dialer"?

redruler

Reaction score
I am on my 2nd Droid as well.

I get 15 results when searching for "Voice Dialer" in the app store, including that voice dialer HF you mentioned.

OP
Rhampton

Rhampton

Reaction score
I'm on my second drizoid.....and I get 15 apps to pull up
Seems like it is not a universal problem then. I have found 6 swapped phones that will only list 9, 8 originals that list 15, one twice swapped that lists 15 and one swapped once that lists 15. Well, back to the drawing board.

OP
Rhampton

Rhampton

Reaction score
Hm... This seems to be a fail
Yeah, looks like it's back to the drawing board.

Just check out the topic down a page or so. "Can't find in Market"

Sorry I don't know how to link

taypotts

Reaction score
It's all good. Just let us know if you do find a reason for those apps not showing up.

skiahh

Reaction score
Before you swap your Droid for another one because of funky sound or some other minor defect consider this. It has happened to me and it is being reported in numerous Droid forums, motorola support and Google forums, that once you swap your Droid, you will not be able to reinstall any Google protected apps that you have purchased and will not even be able to find them or any Google protected apps listed that you haven't even tried in the Android market.

If you swapped your Droid, go to the market and search for "voice dial". You will get 9 hits. An original Droid that has not been exchanged will list 15 hits including the hot Google protected app Voice Dialer HF that does not show up in the 9 hits mentioned before.

This needs to be addressed quickly. Not only are we being denied access to the best apps because of a faulty phone, the best app producers are going to lose a chance to sell their apps.

DFXMobile, producer of Voice Dialer HF, is trying to make the point to Google that this need to be addressed quickly for the reputation of Droid and the Market community.

Did you have your tinfoil hat on as you typed that out?

That's got to be one of the funniest conspiracy theories I've heard in a while. Google blacklists you because you return a defective phone. Good one!! :rofl3: