Is 4g for me?

dta1984

Reaction score
Recently I am having problems with my og Droid not receiving calls because of poor signal in my apartment. I am due for an upgrade and have been looking at the thunderbolt. Will 4g provide a better signal? I know data is faster but will the reception be stronger? My area does have 4g coverage. I also heard HTC phones have better antenna designs than Motorola so they naturally provide better reception. Just wanted to see if this is true before I get a new phone. Thanks!

alboboy10

Reaction score
My thunderbolt is getting better reception at my apartment than my dx. And I find 4g to have better coverage in a lot of areas than 3g.

Depends on a lot of things. I think you should wait a month. You've waited this long for a new phone, many new ones are bound to come out soon. Compare then.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will 4g provide a better signal?
There's no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. It's not just 3G versus 4G that matters but tower placement and real world obstructions that affect signal. I wouldn't count on an improvement. If signal outside is good this is exactly what a repeater is designed for.