iPhone haters?

UNC

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people hate on the iPhone on these boards. I have a droid and I love it, but I am not stupid.... I mean biased.

If you say anything about iPhone coming to Verizon everyone looks at you like you're half-retarded or something! They are so scared of an "inferior" (in their words) product, it doesn't make sense.

I have serious doubts about anyone in this forum having "Goog" in their portfolio... So why the hate?

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I came from the iphone and I just sold the iphone 4 that was given to me I love my droid X and the iphone 4 had a nice feel and clean look to it I don't hate it at all just don't wanna use one after android.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Errr, I dont want to go here but I will.

I cant speak for anyone but myself, but my main reasonsfor not appreciating the iPhone revolve around Apple's control over the phone, it's apps, and it's OS. That's it. Throw in things like antennagate and casegate, and I have all the reasons I need to never purchase one.

That's it. Call it hate, call if whatever you want. I dont like Steve Jobs and I dont like Apple, so I'll never pay for their services beyond my iPod Shuffle.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I don't hate the iPhone. Hardware wise it is a very good piece of kit. What I hate is Apple and in particular Steve Jobs (personal hatred from meeting him on a few occasions). With that said Apple as a company produces a product but gimps that product severely in the name of compliance and control. Whether it be an iP\hone\ad\od or its' Mac line they do what they can to pigeon hole the consumer by denying them choice or control, with the Mac's to a lesser extent. In any case, if you were to take an iPhone4 or iPad with iOS 4.x and jailbreak it it becomes a much more viable and flexible tool. Whereas with Android, rooting isn't so much a necessity as it is on an "i"Device.

I own Apple products. I have G4 Powerbooks running Ubuntu and a G5 desktop running Ubuntu. I will NEVER buy an x86 Apple Mac because of the premium charged on commodity hardware just so I can have a silver apple logo stamped on it. I can just as easily build or buy an equivalent and install OSX on it for 1/3 the price. Again its' the cult like mentality that bothers me and the arrogance of Steve Jobs and his cult of personality.

With Android/Linux/BSD I have a choice of hardware, manufacturers and features. I also have far more flexibility without fear of reprisal from Uncle Steve. I can choose what I want, from where and the price I CHOOSE to pay. I can CHOOSE how to use my software, my OS and my hardware. The same cannot be said of Apple or most of it's products (Mac the only partial exception).

So there you have it. Not a hatred for Apple per se but the management and the mentality behind the company.

mrbworm

Reaction score
I left my iPhone for two reasons. 1) ATT Service. How I put up with it for two years just to be one of the hip iphoners I will never understand. 2) Forced hardware upgrade. With iOS4, my Iphone 3G ran slower (as in extreme keyboard and app delays) and the battery life was cut in half. I confirmed this by downgrading and getting my performance back. This inho is a force to upgrade by Mr. Gates (oh did I say Gates, I meant Jobs, No Wait they are the same now) to get you to go with new hardware and signup for a pay per Gb plan for those of us on unlimited plan.

This is being written by someone (me) who can trace my Apple lineage to my Apple //e and have been very pro-Apple.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Take away apple care and poor signal issues on At&t and I still have my iphone. I have an ipod touch but rarely uses it.I dont hate apple, in fact I recommend apple to people who I believe will benefit from it more than the droid.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I don't think there is a hatred of Apple from the people that are vocal but more of an intolerance to their ways and those that blindly follow them.

Case in point antennae gate....

Steve Jobs: "You're holding it wrong"

Apple Crowd: "Ohhhhhh I see. My bad."

Both statement and comment are outlandish but are acceptable within that circle.

The "haters" are appalled that Steve would even say that and even more appalled that the users accept it.

These types of things drive the intolerance..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
People seem to forget that Apple darn near went under in the 90's. I loved my little Mac back then but for years I used Microsoft.

About 2 years ago, due to that "cult" mentality I went back to a Mac and I got to be honest, Microsoft couldn't come close to it AT THAT TIME. Now with Windows 7 out, I don't know if that holds true.

I do know this: Windows is still the number one source for people to try to launch viruses on. I also know that every computer I ever had in between my Mac in 1996 all crashed on me and I lost data. I've never had that happen on my Mac.

Perfect? Nope, sometimes I have to reboot and I have had corrupt disk issues from time to time, but because I do check the hard drive from time to time I catch it and I'm able to fix it before any damage happens.

I paid extra for this computer, but i won't be buying another computer anytime soon. Now if Windows 7 is really good then I'm happy for all the PC users out there. Heaven knows that you've put up with garbage for far too long.

I don't hate the iPhone either. If I was smart I'd hope it would be coming to Verizon so I could use it with my Mac, but I don't want that to happen. I don't think I'd make a good Mod if all I had was an iPhone. ;)

Buy the way, I have MSNBC on right now and they just announced that Verizon is going to be selling the iPad On October 28. This is an edit, they also announced iPhone on Verizon in January.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ahh, that makes sense.

either way, not for me - holding out for the Moto T2!! :) altho, i'm sure my wife is gonna be all over me to get her the iphone... :icon_ nono2:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think it is hate.. Most people just want to think that there device is better than his....

i own a droid device now Because the iphone was not avail on VZW network a year ago..

i will not buy the i phone now. i enjoy android too much.

Code Money

Reaction score
It's all about preferences and options. The more options we have as consumers the better. I used to be a windows/microsoft expert (that's where the money was in I.T.) but once I converted to Mac there was no turning back especially from an open source sense. This is the draw, the allure of Android, open source, more freedom more choice. Don't get me wrong the iPhone is a fine piece of hardware, but it's locked down. Now the companies are locking down android phones. At the end of the always remember its us vs. big business and we vote with our dollars in this capitalistic society.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt anyone hates the iPhone but the sheep annoy the crap out of them.
If you saw the hype and the way people would swoon at every leak of its capabilities you might well be annoyed as well.
That being said I've seen the same thing with as someone put it, fandroids, but not to the extreme as the iPhone pre releases

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad

godjwood

Reaction score
I agree with you there apple definately puts a great deal of control over their software from what I have read. I have been trying to decide which I should get, an iphone or a droid. It seems like pretty much everyone talks down the iphone so much! I was looking for a site that gave an unbiased opinion and a site i stumbled across was iPhone 4 versus Droid X although i don't know how accurate it is.

Are there any other sites you guys have thought of that might help? cant seem to find any unbiased opinions on this site. Need to make my decision soon!!

Errr, I dont want to go here but I will.

I cant speak for anyone but myself, but my main reasonsfor not appreciating the iPhone revolve around Apple's control over the phone, it's apps, and it's OS. That's it. Throw in things like antennagate and casegate, and I have all the reasons I need to never purchase one.

That's it. Call it hate, call if whatever you want. I dont like Steve Jobs and I dont like Apple, so I'll never pay for their services beyond my iPod Shuffle.