iPhone 5s

OP
Davidjr0810

Davidjr0810

Reaction score
I love android but I'm kinda getting tired of the all the work and glitches. Not to mention adds and bloat ware

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I can understand that, but I would at least wait until the latest glitches get worked out on the latest Apple update. I'm by no means an apple hater (most of my family has apple), and I have a ipod touch for my daughter. I took the route of rooting my Razr so that I don't have to deal with the adds or bloat ware.

OP
Davidjr0810

Davidjr0810

Reaction score
I've thought about doing that too. But it seems like too much trouble plus I'd probably break my phone in the process.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am sticking with Android and the Droid line. I don't hate Apple or I Phones, but like the choices and customization that Android offers.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

deduct

Reaction score
I've thought about doing that too. But it seems like too much trouble plus I'd probably break my phone in the process.

Rooting your razr is easy. Pretty much the only way you can mess up is by not following directions. And I personally can't stand iphones or iOS.

OP
Davidjr0810

Davidjr0810

Reaction score
Yeah I used to hate iOS too. Cause they were "the man" but then i realized they're all "the man" no matter what I'll be making some rich guy richer. Anyways maybe I'll give rooting a try...

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Nope. Never. From what I see i-phones are for people that can't use a smartphone....they can't even use an i-phone. They are a "status" and "social" symbol....of being someone .................that can't use a phone.

lwags67

Reaction score
At least with an iPhone, you will get updates, rather than buying a phone that will not get updated after about a 1year or so of life. Like the Razr M is facing now. One update and we are done.

stemo

Reaction score
At least with an iPhone, you will get updates, rather than buying a phone that will not get updated after about a 1year or so of life. Like the Razr M is facing now. One update and we are done.

I agree. As much as I love my razr m I wish it got updated like the apple does there products. My wife has the iphone 4 and she is just holding off to update to iOS7 and I'm just hoping to get 4.2 or 4.3.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Updates can be good, but once in a while can cause new issues. With Android phones, there are many different manufacturers (Motorola, HTC, Samsung, LG, etc.) with different hardware. That's why Android phones take longer to upgrade...many different manufactures, different models, different hard ware. Each new Android version has to be thoroughly tested by the phone manufacturer and carrier before release. Imagine if Android 4.XX was pushed to every Android phone at once without being tested by each carrier & phone company. There are not enough forums in the world to handle that mess. That's just my 2 cents.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

MuleWrangler

Reaction score
Just an FYI - iPhone on any network other than AT&T will not let you access data connections during a call. It may text, but it won't send/receive text images/videos, surf the Internet or receive/send email. I found this to my chagrin when trying to get better service by leaving AT&T for Verizon. :( There's not a lot about that issue out there - must not matter to most people - but I do a lot of Internet researching, some Web publishing and other data multitasking while I am on calls, so it was very important to me. I LOVE the iPhone but HATE iTunes, so I'm glad to get away from that part of it, at least.

And wulff, you must not know anyone with an iPhone. Meet and talk with a few, and your horizons might be broadened.