iphone 4... *one* way AT&T is better

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
so I guess it requires a specific type of antenna in the phone then?

piquat

Reaction score
I formally apologize for mentioning simultaneous voice/data. I have derailed the thread. :(

So, any other conflicting ideas on the limited number of participants in a conference call? Or is "the network" the final answer?

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I formally apologize for mentioning simultaneous voice/data. I have derailed the thread. :(

So, any other conflicting ideas on the limited number of participants in a conference call? Or is "the network" the final answer?

You can't derail an off-topic thread! ;) It's no big deal, it ties in with what we're talking about.

I do think the "network" is the final answer on the conference call, though. However, I wonder if this enhanced chipset and software upgrade on the backend allows for more on the conf call as well...

piquat

Reaction score
After poking around on the VZW site a bit, I don't see the actual term 'conferencing'. I only see 3-way calling.

I don't know why I even care, I'll never use it, it just seemed odd, that's all.

eewny

Reaction score
I think Verizon can do voice and data on 3g all this time. I don't believe their pre 4g network had any limitation. I thought I read somewhere Verizon decided to not allow it to keep from dropping calls like att. Vzw is all about having a better network or at least doing what they can to get there. I just figured they were protecting people by not allowing both.

If I was vzw and I knew that allowing data and voice was possible but might make as many or more dropped calls then att then I wouldn't add it in either. Again I'm not sure this is the exact case

Sent from my DROIDX using my mind

Jordan8

Reaction score
I think Verizon can do voice and data on 3g all this time. I don't believe their pre 4g network had any limitation. I thought I read somewhere Verizon decided to not allow it to keep from dropping calls like att. Vzw is all about having a better network or at least doing what they can to get there. I just figured they were protecting people by not allowing both.

If I was vzw and I knew that allowing data and voice was possible but might make as many or more dropped calls then att then I wouldn't add it in either. Again I'm not sure this is the exact case

Sent from my DROIDX using my mind

CDMA didn't support it. It wasn't that they blocked people from doing it. AT&T is gsm which is why they've always had this feature. My understanding though is new chipsets in VZW phones will allow this feature, but speeds may be slower while on a call.