iPhone 3GS vs. Droid- Part 2 and 3 (my own videos)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I am also in california dead center in one of AT&T's 3G coverage areas.
part 3 was brutal.....

I can't believe it was that slow. That was bordering in Blackberry land. Very strange...

I'm in Cali as well. Los Angeles actually. I live in the Miracle Mile area

Where in Cali are you doing these tests from?

Fresno. Keep in mind engadget is a very graphic heavy website, so it takes longer to load than the typical website.
no doubt...I was shocked that Mobile Safari/iPhone performed like that.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
should send a link for this thread to that douche at engadget.com and say "as you can see the iphone just got housed, jeez if i owned that phon i would actually be embarrassed"

No, I just posted my own results. Not going to start an argument with anyone.

I did own an iphone before my droid (3gs). One of the main reasons I got the Droid was because I was tired of how long it took me to load webpages. I can't count the number of times I had to go to "settings: general: reset network settings" to even get a page to eventually load.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
part 3 was brutal.....

I can't believe it was that slow. That was bordering in Blackberry land. Very strange...

I'm in Cali as well. Los Angeles actually. I live in the Miracle Mile area

Where in Cali are you doing these tests from?

Fresno. Keep in mind engadget is a very graphic heavy website, so it takes longer to load than the typical website.
no doubt...I was shocked that Mobile Safari/iPhone performed like that.

To be honest it didn't take that long all the time when I owned an iphone, but it did take longer than I was willing to deal with. Even though it didn't take that long all the time, it did it far too often.

Even something as simple as ebay mobile or nfl.com mobile became a pain to load up.

It's not so much a bad performance of the iphone as it is the network.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
woah that 3g test on engadget (#3) was ridiculously slow. Good job claiming fastest 3g network AT&T.

xjman349

Reaction score
The reason can claim there network is faster is because it has the "potential" to be faster however AT&T sucks therefore its not as fast as it can be. The commercials are bogus because they have the potential to be faster there are very few markets that are actually faster than Verizon's EVDO.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Me too, it always leaves me with a goofy smile on my face....

And here we were thinking that was a natural look....:icon_ banana:

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am also in california dead center in one of THE FEW OF AT&T's 3G coverage areas.

Heh, fixed that for you :p

And I still say that people in the AT&T commercial are sending in post cards because they couldn't actually complete a call without it dropping.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I am also in california dead center in one of THE FEW OF AT&T's 3G coverage areas.

Heh, fixed that for you :p

And I still say that people in the AT&T commercial are sending in post cards because they couldn't actually complete a call without it dropping.

Ha!! I said the same exact thing to my wife when I first saw that commercial!! :rofl3:

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Those AT&T commercials are talking about EDGE, even though they WANT you to think they are talking about 3g.