iP4 beautifully simple....?

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Played with my homeboy's iPhone4 the other day and all he wanted to talk about was how it looks (in my opinion it looks nice but I'm definetly not wowed). Also the people that I asked why they love their ip? They always mention how easy it is to use... when I pick one up I swipe left to right a couple of times up and down then I hand it back.... hmmm no widgets? although you can put a background in now. :-v

So it looks good and its simple...? So I understand that Android is open and since its customizable it must make it harder to use...

Then it hit me... iphone is for the simple minds and lazy that want everything done for them... they may own a "smartphone" in theory but its really a "simplephone" nothing wrong with this its just a realization I had.

This is not meant to belittle iphone owners but, now I understand them... no need to argue with them because they rarely have a clue.. I'm almost tired of wowing them with widgets and emulators... even if they got an android most wouldn't take advantage of the smartness of the phone..

Just 2 platforms for 2 totally different kind of people..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sheep don't need widgets :icon_ devil:

The simplicity is what makes it attractive to people. But then again, there hasn't been anything to compare it to til recently with Android exploding.

bfg_z71

Reaction score
... even if they got an android most wouldn't take advantage of the smartness of the phone...
I think you just described me... :D My wife has the Ip4 and yes - it's very easy to use.

I know I'm using a fraction of the Droids capability, but I'm a bit of a caveman and don't want to eff' things up... dancedroid

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
... even if they got an android most wouldn't take advantage of the smartness of the phone...
I think you just described me... :D My wife has the Ip4 and yes - it's very easy to use.

I know I'm using a fraction of the Droids capability, but I'm a bit of a caveman and don't want to eff' things up... dancedroid

LOL bfg! What made you get the Droid..?. I think only the most nerdy of us use it past 50% of its capabilities anyway... what's better ease of use or customizeability..? I think I just made a word.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
iphone 4 is a good device.. that would be the iphone I would buy. It does not have no where near the features of the droid, but to surpass the speed you have to o/c the droid.
What makes the droid the phone of choice for me is that you can do so much. When I try to tell folks at work how to do all of it; it goes over their heads. Some people just need simple.....they want it already done for them. Some people can care less about all that rooting/jailbreaking/unlocking stuff. They want a phone to work with out all that stuff.
I have recommended the iphone to people I know would benefit more from it then the droid. Some people prefer apple and like the products they make. Apple makes a good product and I would recommend it to my parents. I am constantly keeping my dad up to date on iphone stuff.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Current iPhone 3G owner here....

iPhone 4, just like previous models, is a wonderful device. But all of them are horrible phones.

The most important feature for me when purchasing a phone is having the ability to reliably make and receive calls, something that I have not been able to do consistently over the past two years.

My contract with AT&T is up the on 7/16. I plan to dump them and come back to Verizon for the Droid X or Inc.

bfg_z71

Reaction score
[
LOL bfg! What made you get the Droid..?.
AT&T pissed me off so I dropped em' and switched to VZ.
Droid sounded cool. :D Hey, the marketing sucked me in... lol
Costco sold me the phone for $99 plus tax (rebate on the activation & $25 off 1st months bill)

I think only the most nerdy of us use it past 50% of its capabilities anyway...
:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek: That means I'm using about 50% of one percent.

what's better ease of use or customizeability..? I think I just made a word.
Since I'm coming from the Razor & LG Shine - I just wanted to get into a smart phone and wasn't interested in BB. So I really don't know what is better. Right now - ease of use. Once I get comfortable - customizeability will be king. If thats even a word... :)

Last edited:

bfg_z71

Reaction score
Some people just need simple.....they want it already done for them. Some people can care less about all that rooting/jailbreaking/unlocking stuff. They want a phone to work with out all that stuff..
<----------- you just described that guy. :D

But as you can see by my post count - I don't post much. I'm one of those who comes here and uses the search feature a lot without posting. Much...

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some people just need simple.....they want it already done for them. Some people can care less about all that rooting/jailbreaking/unlocking stuff. They want a phone to work with out all that stuff..
<----------- you just described that guy. :D

But as you can see by my post count - I don't post much. I'm one of those who comes here and uses the search feature a lot without posting. Much...

Bfg, I feel honored you gave this thread 60% of your post counts LOL.

JCo352

Reaction score
I feel this video truly portrays iPeople(The ones in the lines). [video=youtube;FF4EEt6W9s8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4EEt6W9s8]YouTube - iPhone 4 - PRANK!!!![/video]

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Sheep don't need widgets :icon_ devil:

The simplicity is what makes it attractive to people. But then again, there hasn't been anything to compare it to til recently with Android exploding.

I prefer to call them Sheeple... :)

I take it everyone has heard about the IPhone 4's death grip?

Touch the attenna, drop a call. They say thats its not actually loosing signal strength, and that the error lies in the way that the phone calculates the signal strength...to me, it sounds like they've hardwired the phone with some industrial strength 'fail'

I wonder if they ever actually tried to use the phone before launch, or they just started mass producing them.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
i checked the iphone 4 out at the apple store and i tried the death grip, and the signal didn't drop. I was holding it for a few minutes too. I have to admit though, the screen is really nice. That's the only good thing about it though. My Droid is still 100 times better :)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I live for the day when we don't have another iPhone thread! To call the people who use iPhones lazy is honestly one of the most ridiculous generalizations I have heard (read). Maybe some people just don't want to take all the time to root their phones. For some people rooting is awesome but I hate to break the news to you 99% of cellphone users could absolutely care less about rooting! People also forget our droid has had many issues as well. How about the headphone jack screwing up after using it a few times. How about the 2.1 ota update sending a number of phones into unstoppable bootloops. Those are but a couple of issues, which all for the most part can be corrected and have been thankfully. Just like the iPhone4 will do. I love my droid, my droid is rooted but these threads are really starting to strike a major nerve with me. Why can't we just enjoy what we have while not taking every opportunity available to start another "apple sucks" thread. Sorry if I come across short but it's getting out of control.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I live for the day when we don't have another iPhone thread! To call the people who use iPhones lazy is honestly one of the most ridiculous generalizations I have heard (read). Maybe some people just don't want to take all the time to root their phones. For some people rooting is awesome but I hate to break the news to you 99% of cellphone users could absolutely care less about rooting! People also forget our droid has had many issues as well. How about the headphone jack screwing up after using it a few times. How about the 2.1 ota update sending a number of phones into unstoppable bootloops. Those are but a couple of issues, which all for the most part can be corrected and have been thankfully. Just like the iPhone4 will do. I love my droid, my droid is rooted but these threads are really starting to strike a major nerve with me. Why can't we just enjoy what we have while not taking every opportunity available to start another "apple sucks" thread. Sorry if I come across short but it's getting out of control.

Just don't read the thread?