IOS 8 JailBreak Pangu Has Been Released for Mac and Windows

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I know that this is by name and practice an "Android" forum, but most of you here are pretty much addicted to all sorts of tech. If you are like me your house hold contains both Google and Apple products. While I lean 95/5 towards Android I do have to admit that my wife does own an Ipad Air and I myself do most of my heavy computing from a Mac Book Pro. I would probably never carry an Iphone, but its only because I am so invested in Android's eco system. That being said if you do happen to have an Ipad or Iphone laying around the house you will be happy to know that Pangu team just updated their jailbreak tool to include support for MAC. Previously you could only jailbreak IOS 8+ from a Windows machine. After jailbreaking your Idevice via the tool you will have cydia 1.1.16 installed on the device. Head to the link below to grab this tool.

via 9to5mac

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If you OTA'd to any version of 8.0 then you have to restore from a backup in iTunes before running Pangu. Otherwise you will be stuck in a boot loop immediately after the phone reboots itself during the jailbreak.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm sure you all wanted to know this:

PANGU is the Korean word for "fart". ;)

-Matt

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus