Invisible Shield

Markee

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased and used the invidible shield for the Motorola Droid?
Interested to know the results and suitability... Thanks

mr.deux

Reaction score
I have one and love it! I highly recommend getting one

DroidFan

Reaction score
I had invisible shield for my BB Pearl and loved it! It really protected the casing when I accidentally dropped it once... not a scratch! I haven't gotten one for the Droid yet... Not that I intend to return my beloved Droid, but I was waiting for the 30-day trial period before I start purchasing unreturnable accessories... but I'll probably get one in the next week or so.

OP
Markee

Markee

Reaction score
Are you saying that it does not affect screen sensitivity? I think that would be my only concern (along with making sure you could get it off without any "sticky goo" on the device...

Comments?

DroidFan

Reaction score
Are you saying that it does not affect screen sensitivity? I think that would be my only concern (along with making sure you could get it off without any "sticky goo" on the device...

Comments?

I can't speak to the sensitivity issue, but I can say when I took the IS off my BB, there was NO "sticky goo" (nice technical term! :) ) left on the device at all.

OP
Markee

Markee

Reaction score
Sticky Goo is one of the Droid technical terms... I plan to purchase the Shield myself

Let the force be with us... hopefully enough force to work through the shield...

soyboy

Reaction score
An IS, or similar product, should be the first accessory that you purchase for your Droid.

RTracer

Reaction score
I just clickied on the add for one at the top of the page.
$25...SNAP!! Is that for only one?

coolkidd

Reaction score
I am a fan of invisible shield as well.... I have bought the product, but only used the front and back covers... the side covers, I left it alone.

It takes a lot of patience installing it, so better have enough time and do not rush....:)

mr.deux

Reaction score
yes that is the price and it is well worth it! I have not had any issues with the sensitivity either. before I put mine on the guy in the store had one on his and side by side i couldn't notice a difference.

xistencz

Reaction score
get phantomskinz. invisible shield doesn't cover the corners as well as phontomskinz (trust me i bought both). plus they give u two sets for the price of one!

Big Cam

Reaction score
Anyone else ahve any more input on this? Does it make the phone really grippy?

Also how is the sensitivity, and actual protection?

Big Cam

Reaction score
get phantomskinz. invisible shield doesn't cover the corners as well as phontomskinz (trust me i bought both). plus they give u two sets for the price of one!
If it's so good, why would you get two? Seems like they are expecting it to fail?

artiface

Reaction score
I bought the invisible shield and put it on first thing when I got the droid. Getting it on was a bit tricky. Once on it worked well and the screen seemed plenty sensitive. It also comes off clean, only problem is it comes off too easily. After less than a week going in and out of my pocket the shield started to peel off.

After taking it off I realized the screen was a bit more sensitive without it on. I've been using the droid without any shield for the past few weeks and the screen seem very resistant to scratching. I might put the invisible shield back on when I get the replacement, but i'm not sure if I really need it.