[APPS] [Inverted]Totally Inverted APPS (update 6-3 new g+)

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great job on these apps! :D

calendar, email, G+, mms all install fine with no problems.
but both gmail and talk refuse to play nice

I'm on Axiom B15 for the bionic (by DT)

I even went as far as completely removing any trace of the apps , rebooting and flashing the zip file for them
still a no go. I wouldn't think AOSP vs AOKP would make that much difference given the other apps work fine

superdave42

Reaction score
how can I roll most of these into a single ZIP ( trying to make it easy for some of my friends )

I tried zipping up all the zips, fail lol.

I don't know enough about the update.ZIP structure needed to "easily do this "

I'm ok to learn this on my own if you could point me in the right direction to read about it.

thank you :)

OP
travp624

travp624

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Great job on these apps! :D

calendar, email, G+, mms all install fine with no problems.
but both gmail and talk refuse to play nice

I'm on Axiom B15 for the bionic (by DT)

I even went as far as completely removing any trace of the apps , rebooting and flashing the zip file for them
still a no go. I wouldn't think AOSP vs AOKP would make that much difference given the other apps work fine

Axiom is not AOSP gapps are intergrated. Second Axiom is the problem child of my inverted (DT why you no flash gapps like everyone else!). Second never ever remove the existence of talk or gmail the stock signed sealed and delivered apks need to be there first always! Other then that the only think I can maybe suggest is flashing a gapps package and see then if you can flash the inverts!

superdave42

Reaction score
7zip works wonders!
that's what I gather lol although I used 7ZIP and got an installation aborted error when I tried flashing the monster zip. I guess I'll keep searching the web to see if someone is up to teaching a mechanical designer how to play with android update zips.

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
that's what I gather lol although I used 7ZIP and got an installation aborted error when I tried flashing the monster zip. I guess I'll keep searching the web to see if someone is up to teaching a mechanical designer how to play with android update zips.

The easiest thing to do (quick and dirty) is to take any existing update.zip that has been created for app installation (you could use a Gapps zip or any one of the update zips in the first post). Then open the archive using 7zip (don't extract), delete the apps from the /system/app folder (or the /data/app folder, if any -- and make sure there's nothing in the framework folder, if it's there), then drag in all the apks you want to install into the /system/app folder. Close the zip archive (you'll probably want to rename it, too) and flash using CWM.

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Axiom is not AOSP gapps are intergrated. Second Axiom is the problem child of my inverted (DT why you no flash gapps like everyone else!). Second never ever remove the existence of talk or gmail the stock signed sealed and delivered apks need to be there first always! Other then that the only think I can maybe suggest is flashing a gapps package and see then if you can flash the inverts!

It's not DT's fault, lol
Apps are truly a tempermental beast

And granted the norm would be not to erase your existing apps,
but I have found in some situations it does help and fixes issues
I've screwed my phone up enough times between my old D1 and my Bionic
to learn what works and what doesn't, haha

Now here's an interesting quirk to add to the mix.

Sourcery V1.0 - I did work on that, theming and such (and more in the V2 release)
those are for the Gnex and are AOSP
the gmail and talk from there install perfectly fine onto my phone
the version code is actually higher than the ones listed in yours
4.0.4-257829 vs 4.0.4-254454

food for thought?

superdave42

Reaction score
The easiest thing to do (quick and dirty) is to take any existing update.zip that has been created for app installation (you could use a Gapps zip or any one of the update zips in the first post). Then open the archive using 7zip (don't extract), delete the apps from the /system/app folder (or the /data/app folder, if any -- and make sure there's nothing in the framework folder, if it's there), then drag in all the apks you want to install into the /system/app folder. Close the zip archive (you'll probably want to rename it, too) and flash using CWM.

Thank you VERY much, now that is something I can wrap my mind around and accomplish. Thank you for taking the time to help me. :hail:

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Hey masturmod, you have your wallpaper pack that came with your kinetx honeyscream theme?

W

whotheheck

Hi, unfortunately the MMS app looks different than on the screenshot.

I like the MMS app from the screenshot a lot: all text white, answer with grey background
But the downloaded version is different: sent message is white, received answer is blue :(

Where can I get the correct version?

Thanks!

NickSaul

Reaction score
Thank you. The Google Play Music app works, and looks, great!

comk4ver

Reaction score
I'm having issues installing the all the inverted apps with the exception of Google now and the messaging app. Any ideas? I'm running team haters rom.

Update: when I install the inverted contacts zip it makes the phone dialer disappear! I also think that the other apps are having issues because Google has updated most core apps to 4.2 so even if I freeze the apps with titanium it all codes back with errors!
Currently running team haters 12.19 version.