Inverted apps... what's missing?

decalex

Reaction score
I'm working on a dark themed words with friends if anyone's interested :).. The no ads version.
Most of the png edits are done.. Should have something presentable by tonight.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .

Last edited:

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
make sure they pm you with a screenshot from market.google.com showing that it was purchased, or a copy of their receipt email since it's a no-ads version.

decalex

Reaction score
shoot.. I didn't even know you could purchase an ads free version. This is a version where someone on xda did some smali magic and just bypassed the full screen ads in between turns. I think they still show up at the bottom of the game screen. It's almost the equivalent of running adblocker.
Do you think that's ok? If not, since I'm only doing png edits right now.. I could just drop them in the normal version.

EDIT: Checked and no pay version available (on the market, at least).

Last edited:

decalex

Reaction score
Still ironing out the kinks in the Words with Friends mod.. here's a few caps. Still trying to hunt down the board background color. Logic says it would be <item type="drawable" name="board_bg">#ffa7bccb</item>.. since that's the exact color. But apparently not :)

View attachment 39164 View attachment 39165

decalex

Reaction score
Here it is if anyone wants to check it out

Words With Friends - Dark mod - No Ads

All of your previous game info is not stored on your phone, so you can uninstall your previous version, then install this normally (signed).
Still some stuff to work out-- All except for the settings screen look fine. Still trying to figure out location of the board background color.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here it is if anyone wants to check it out

Words With Friends - Dark mod - No Ads

All of your previous game info is not stored on your phone, so you can uninstall your previous version, then install this normally (signed).
Still some stuff to work out-- All except for the settings screen look fine. Still trying to figure out location of the board background color.

Looking awesome!
This is version 3.52... 4.0 is in market but with Facebook added to it making it slooow.

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, my phone got jacked up (water damage). I now have a DX2. As soon as I figure out this bootstrap thing I am going to learn how to install these apk's. I oddly have a newfound interest in this with a new phone. It's fun again.

decalex

Reaction score
Looking awesome!
This is version 3.52... 4.0 is in market but with Facebook added to it making it slooow.

Man.. that's a sonifa.. I had it detached from my Market-- no wonder I didn't see the update. But thx for the heads up on the facebook integration and lag. I don't usually like connecting stuff to my fb account.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
OK, my phone got jacked up (water damage). I now have a DX2. As soon as I figure out this bootstrap thing I am going to learn how to install these apk's. I oddly have a newfound interest in this with a new phone. It's fun again.
Well, welcome back to the party dude!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I meant that in a good way...

Btw...
I see no ads what so ever, that's gotta help the battery usage with this app..

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score

Some apply as normal apk. install which should work without root

djakrse

Reaction score
I meant that in a good way...

Btw...
I see no ads what so ever, that's gotta help the battery usage with this app..

This game kills battery with or without ads. The ads are just extraordinarily annoying. If you watch the CPU while the game is open, you'll see it stays pegged.

At least as long as a game is open, it drains your battery. It doesn't peg the processor in your games list or the message screen.

Last edited: