Invalid Flash Mode (S) Boot failure

Veganlady

Reaction score
Help! Did I just brick my friend's Bionic?
I just flashed my Bionic with 2233 and it worked perfectly. I tried it with the same file on my friend's 100% stock OTA. Bionic.

When I selected [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]reboot[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] from recovery I got

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (s) (Boot Failure)

0A.71

Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: webtop, status: 0X004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop)

I can't get past this screen. I'm a relative noob and have no idea what to do next.

OP
Veganlady

Veganlady

Reaction score
Bbucks thanks so much for the reply! I checked the link and wasn't able to get the zip file. Clicked through to the original post and it was removed. The link in the repost points to a dead end.

I'll check the second method right now.

OP
Veganlady

Veganlady

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-tech-support/198365-bionic-boot-failure.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...flash-mode-s-boot-failure-bricked-bionic.html

another way is to volume -/+ into fastboot.. then go to normal boot instead of recovery.. then go back into fastboot then recovery ... and no you just soft bricked .. you can get out of it.. just need to reset fastboot
Once I get into the boot mode selection menu, my choices are normal powerup, recovery, ap fastboot, bp sbf flash, bp only, bp hw diag & boot ap, bp tools. They all take me to the same ap fastboot flash mode screen. It doesn't seem like I can do anything from the phone, just plug in via USB and use RSD lite?

I just used that and tried to flash back to 902 with no luck. The flash failed in RSD. :-(
Thanks for any insight you can offer.

bbucks36

Reaction score
so you have cleared the boot failure?.....and you where able to use this FXZ before with no errors?

OP
Veganlady

Veganlady

Reaction score
I have not been able to clear the boot error. I cant get past it frkm the phone, so i have been using RSD and House OF Bionic to try to flash back to 902 or 905. Tried to go forward to 2233. Nothing works.

I have a full battery and an OEM data cable. I'm wracking my brain and the only thing i can think of that may have done wrong is I didn't make sure he was updated to 905. I thought that has been out OTA for so long that everybody had it. Would that cause this problem?

OP
Veganlady

Veganlady

Reaction score
also try a full version of FXZ..

I tried the cdt fix, and it fails. It says FAILED <data transfer failure <Unknown error>>

Could I have a problem with drivers? I've installed the latest Motorola device manager and Moto helper. Yet, when I plug in the dead Bionic, I get a message in the taskbar that says unable to connect to the smartphone, unplug and try again. I do the the happy USB sound and I do see "USB Connected" on the dead Bionic in Fastboot.

Here's where I show what a noob I truly am. How do you do a full version of FXZ? What I was doing in RSC isn't full?

Many many thanks for your advice! I really appreciate it.

OP
Veganlady

Veganlady

Reaction score
I am up and running! Thanks for the replies. Eye-dea, special thanks for the rescue!

Soto

Reaction score
Droid Bionic AP SBF Flash Mode (s) (Boot Failure) 0A.71 Error

I can help, if needed. PM me your gtalk name.

I have the same error, not able to Boot the Bionic, all options take me to the same error window (Normal Power Up, Recovery, AP Flash, BP Flash, BP Only, BP Tools)

Help!

eye_dea

Reaction score
I have the same error, not able to Boot the Bionic, all options take me to the same error window (Normal Power Up, Recovery, AP Flash, BP Flash, BP Only, BP Tools)

Help!

PM me your gtalk and I will help.