intuitive text reponse

ebean

Reaction score
ok, for all those who have their droids before the rest of us, i have a question. in my palm os (700p) i had a program called textplus. it was great. it suggested words as you type and you hit enter to pop them in. but here's the catch: i could add words and i could add phrases that i use all the time to the program...making my life sooooooooooo much easier. e.g., i added all the street names in the area i work and lots of phrases ("Thank you for your interest") and I could just wing through emails.
Can you add to this on Droid?????

OP
ebean

ebean

Reaction score
now that people have their droids, i'm BUMPing my own question in hopes that it can get answered.
bean

OP
ebean

ebean

Reaction score
anyone know of an app like 'textplus' for android?

S

sethmo

When using the hard keyboard, there is no suggestive text. When using either software keyboards, it automatically pops up a list of words it thinks you are trying to type. Im not sure if there is a way to add custom words or phrases though.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I found out that it will add them for you after the first time you use them. I have used my name a couple of time and now that comes up on the suggestions when i start typing.

S

sethmo

Just messing around with it and also if you type an unrecognized word, you can click on the word you just typed and there is an Add "Whatever you typed" to dictionary. Pretty cool.