Introducing the Google TV Forums @ googletvforum.org

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Joined the new Google TV forum. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

With all of the sister forums you guys have, can you set up things to copy login, avatars etc as you sign into another forum?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Joined the new Google TV forum. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

With all of the sister forums you guys have, can you set up things to copy login, avatars etc as you sign into another forum?

Not possible, different databases....

its.mike

Reaction score
I look at Google TV as sitting on top of your existing content -- be it cable or satellite. Then, add apps which like youtube will stream content. So think of it as an addition to what you are already getting -- not replacing it.

Imagine using google search on your TV instead of a TV guide to find out whats coming up...

ie, search for NFL and having it show all the NFL related content in the next hour or two... but actually useful as opposed the search your current box or provider supports now.

Samsung TV's already have a myriad of Apps... my TV can do facebook, youtube, Twitter etc... but Google TV adds more then just apps.

At least, that's how I feel. Good question to ask over at the GTV Forums though :)

See with my TiVo and Cable I already have access to not only YouTube I also have access to Netflix, Amazon, and several other internet areas. Now it would give me complete Internet access but again, what about high def, dolby 5.1. That stuff is important to me.

If the box is priced reasonably I suppose I could get it and run it in addition to my existing stuff like you say. I know there is no service charge like with TiVo.
It's just another box to place between your tivo or a new tv. You still get everything you already had with Crime Warner and an either an android box or a TV running droid. You won't lose anything,