intro thread

jbrock98

Reaction score
wats up i just got my moto droid had it for bout a week my last phone was the dare and i thought it was awesome, droid kicks its butt, but i chose the droid cause i wanna do everything i possibly can on my phone, customize it how i want, music, ringtones, music, tv shows and movies and this seemed like the phone to get..only bad thing is i'm not too savy when it comes to a lot of this stuff all i know how to do is download my music on my computer then drag it in my music folder on my sd card i came here to find some folks that can help me out in being able to expierence everything that the droid can do....my facebook, is www.facebook.com/jbrock98 and my myspace is www.myspace.com/jbrock423 and my email is [email protected] so if u wanna help me and/or become friends holla at me...thanks
Brock J
Nashville,TN

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! The Droid is an awesome device and will allow you to do many different things. Many of the options require you to root(hack) your phone. Rooting cancels your warranty but most of us who have already rooted feel it is worth it.

You should search the forums and read the articles on rooting. Additionally, you can find youtube videos that step you through the process.

If you have a question or problem and can't find an answer post a thread and someone will be glad to respond.

Mike

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Double Twist for handling music. I don't have tons of music on my phone so I just drag the ones I want from the pc folder to the card folder I made for tunes.

Welcome aboard, there is plenty of info to read up on here. I recommend spending some time reading things here for a bit to get an idea of what you want to do then make a decision about what you'd like to change.