Workin on my knowledge of rooting and all

learnindroid

Reaction score
Had my droid almost a yr now, love it finally decided to look into rooting it for wifi tether and to see wat else I can do, I succesfully rooted and now I'm learning everything I can and lookin stuff up for roms to see if I wanna go that way or not trying to learn everything I can, any advice or suggestions let me know

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Rom manager. Download the free version then I highly recommend buying premium. In the market.

OP
L

learnindroid

Reaction score
I got that one lol thanks

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
If you are going to rely on Rom Manager you have to have both the free and paid versions as they work hand in hand. Also with Rom Manager you will need to flash ClockworkMod as your alternate recovery. Many will tell you to stay away from RM/CWM and use only SPR. I use primarily CWM/RM for all my backups and flashing themes etc. I find it easy to use and you do not have to rename anything to flash it. Now I will flash over to SPRecovery if the ROM I decide to use is only flashable through SPR.

A couple of tricks if you are going to use RM a lot....... 1) if possible try to use WiFi when downloading anything from RM. You run the risk of getting a corrupted download if only using 3g. Not saying that you can't use it but if you can get WiFi the download will go faster and will be more complete. 2) always clear the download cache in RM before downloading anything new. To do this go into RM > menu > clear download cache. These two steps should lessen any headaches you may have with RM.