Internet radio streaming, best app?

nikolaus

Reaction score
I am currently streaming using streamfurious. Its the first app I tried. It does the shoutcast streams which I like. I dont like that it takes about a minute or 2 to buffer the stream, and chokes out when notifications or emails come through. Is this a common problem with all the streaming apps. I can stream for 4 hours on the battery and have 30 percent left over after that. Also the phone gets rather hot after that streak, is it hard on the phone to stream for hours on end? Im running 128k mp3 streams from shoutcast on a droid eris if anyone is curious, over bluetooth to wireless headphones, over the 3g network. I noticed that the battery will still charge, but at slower rate if I stream as described with the charger plugged in.

ldimick

Reaction score
I prefer Stream It All but for no particular reason. Don't see any reason to worry about your battery. Although you would insrease your life if you turned off the BT but that is fairly impressive.

pcandroid

Reaction score
iheartradio is the best i have used. it comes out tommorow (weds) for android.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Maybe its your connection or the website hosting the stream? I've only connected to like 3-4 streams but its at most a few seconds before it buffs and plays.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I use Cherry RPlayer: USA Online Radio stations, shoutcast, icecast, any world channel

OP
N

nikolaus

Reaction score
I tried droid live lite and problems are solved. Is there any way to adjust the eq on the phone. Also how do you play links from web like your local radio stations listen live tab?

sherrie.melton

Reaction score
Internet Radio Station App

I suggest you to install iTunes or Songza internet radio app in your smartphone. Especially iTunes app as it will provide options like skip, pause and requesting for favorite song at the command of one’s voice.

watsonjhon

Reaction score
I am also suggesting for Songza internet radio app in your Smartphone. I am also having a long list of best internet radio applications. I will share this list with interest guys through "Floaty Notes" Android application (An amazing android app for notes/ file sharing) so please download this notes sharing application from Google Play.

Here is the link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.technosoftwares.floatynotesfree