International voice mail not working (call forwarding)

peta40oz

Reaction score
I bought the Droid Pro because Verizon advertises it as being able to work globally and I am an American student in the UK who travels back and forth a lot. I am in the UK now and have a t-mobile SIM card in and realized my voice mail doesn't work because Verizon hard codes it into the phone that call forwarding cannot be changed outside their network. Can anyone tell me of a work around for this? I have tried downloading a visual voice mail app but that doesn't work either.

tennvol

Reaction score
No idea. Mine has always worked. I have family in the UK and use a TM PayG SIM while Im over there. I just dial the vm # and I can access my messages

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
P

peta40oz

Reaction score
I can access my voice mail, it's a problem when people call my phone. It just rings endlessly and it does not forward to voice mail. When I try to set it up to forward, I get the message "Call forward is disabled outside verizon wireless network". I have googled and I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone else have any ideas?

tennvol

Reaction score
Are you trying to forward your phone from outside of the vzw network? You need to forward your # before you get on the plane and leave the US while you are still in VZW coverage, or you can call VZW and have them do it while you are overseas on TM.

Btw if you didn't know you can roam for free on Orange if you have a Tmobile SIM. While at my inlaws house in Scotland I get poor TM service, but Orange comes in as HSPDA. :)

tennvol

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention not sure if vzw can forward to international numbers. I always forward my phone to my localphone.com # which forwards to my tm sim. Ghetto but it works, and its cheap