International roaming

boomerang

Reaction score
Ok I live in eastern NC nowhere near another country. Ever since the update my phone keeps telling me im internationally roaming. Ive called Verizon and they tell me im not bing charged but it is super annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

sacnotsack

Reaction score
I have that problem sometimes but i live really close to the Mexican border. I you can dial something that makes your phone connect to the closest tower to you or something along those lines. I think its *228.......but not real sure on that. Maybe someone else will have more accurate info

Sent from Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Az

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Settings ->Wireless & Network Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> CDMA

This will completely deactivate the GSM radio. With out the GSM radio active, there shouldn't be a reason for your phone to say anything about roaming internationally since the international part is turned off. If it continues to do it after changing that, then I'd try a hard reset because something isn't working right. I've never had that problem on mine.

Switching the phone to CDMA mode from the default setting of Global will also improve your battery life.

OP
B

boomerang

Reaction score
Settings ->Wireless & Network Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode -> CDMA

This will completely deactivate the GSM radio. With out the GSM radio active, there shouldn't be a reason for your phone to say anything about roaming internationally since the international part is turned off. If it continues to do it after changing that, then I'd try a hard reset because something isn't working right. I've never had that problem on mine.

Switching the phone to CDMA mode from the default setting of Global will also improve your battery life.

I keep my phone in CDMA mode to conserve battery so that's another mystery of it. Its not in global mode

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums