Internal storage no longer recognized by Gnex

famac!

Reaction score
Title says it all. When connected to my computer, i see all files on the internal storage. However, the phone itself is not seeing it. I noticed this problem earlier today when i started missing calls and text messages because my notifications had changed to some weird default ones instead of the ones stored on internal storage. Further investigation revealed that i cant even view my pictures either as they are on the internal storage that the Gnex is now completly ignoring. I am on BB from 08/07 and all worked well until today. I wiped cache and dalvik and reloaded the ROM. No difference. Any suggestions for me?

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Search for a no_media file on the root of the SD using either a file explorer on your phone or connecting it to your computer.

OP
famac!

famac!

Reaction score
Search for a no_media file on the root of the SD using either a file explorer on your phone or connecting it to your computer.

Found a .nomedia file in root of SD. Deleted it and still no dice. Went back in and it had recreated itself. Deleted it again and still no dice. Rebooted phone. The .nomedia file is no longer there but access to internal storage is still a no go.

OP
famac!

famac!

Reaction score
Found a .nomedia file in root of SD. Deleted it and still no dice. Went back in and it had recreated itself. Deleted it again and still no dice. Rebooted phone. The .nomedia file is no longer there but access to internal storage is still a no go.

Actually, looks like a couple of reboots were needed. All pics and most ringtones are now displayed. Guess the other ringtones will be listed by the morning. Thanks for your help.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I've heard it has something to do with ROM Manager or something? Are you using it all for any ROM related things? I guess in the most recent update, it was causing .no_media files to be created in the SD root. Glad that was the cause of the problem, I had the same issue myself the other day. I did a completely backup and wipe of my SD card as per advice from elsewhere, and that didn't work. Came to find it was the .no_media the next morning after staying up until 4am doing all of that. :p

OP
famac!

famac!

Reaction score
I've heard it has something to do with ROM Manager or something? Are you using it all for any ROM related things? I guess in the most recent update, it was causing .no_media files to be created in the SD root. Glad that was the cause of the problem, I had the same issue myself the other day. I did a completely backup and wipe of my SD card as per advice from elsewhere, and that didn't work. Came to find it was the .no_media the next morning after staying up until 4am doing all of that. :p

Yeah i have always had ROM Manager on my phone though i dont really use it for much.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Did you by chance install anything on it today using ROM manager? Or recently at all? I mean, I guess it isn't of too much concern since the issue is fixed, and if it happens again you know the cause.

OP
famac!

famac!

Reaction score
Did you by chance install anything on it today using ROM manager? Or recently at all? I mean, I guess it isn't of too much concern since the issue is fixed, and if it happens again you know the cause.

Now that i think about it, it may actually have started as early as Thursday as that is when i really started noticing missed calls and text messages. About the only thing i remember doing was accepting another ROM Manager update from the play store.

jnashr

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen yesterday. I did not look for the .nomedia in the root of the sd card. I ended up copying my files to my computer, flashing back to stock/locked at which time I could view my media files again. I am now flashed back to my origianl ROM....next time I guess I will look for .nomedia.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen yesterday. I did not look for the .nomedia in the root of the sd card. I ended up copying my files to my computer, flashing back to stock/locked at which time I could view my media files again. I am now flashed back to my origianl ROM....next time I guess I will look for .nomedia.

Had this happened to me, and I hadn't seen a simple solution in the forums, I probably would have done the same thing. I wouldn't have expected an app update to put a .nomedia file somewhere it doesn't belong.