Internal Storage low, keep deleting, keeps coming back...

SmurfOnABoat

Reaction score
I have been getting this message on my Motorola Droid that the internal storage is getting low, I don't have many apps installed, but the dialer storage is huge at 160mb. I am not sure what is in this, or how to clear it, I had to remove flash, and various other apps, and still only have 28mb available for internal storage.

All pictures have been saved to SD card, and SMS and MMS deleted regularly and I do NOT use the email.

Apps currently installed:

Advanced task killer, Amazon, Droidlight, ebay, foursquare, gas buddy, google sky, movies, pandora, scanner radio, shazam, google shopper, storage info and weatherbug. All of these that can be installed on the SD card are, and I also have all of the Froyo Native apps too.

This is very frustrating, I keep reading of people that are double or triple the internal storage available and have way more apps than I do.

Thanks in advance!

tommyb38

Reaction score
I would start by getting rid of the task killer. Clear cache on some of the other apps that are showing alot of storage use. Even if they are on the SD card, the cache and data are stored on the phone.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
You can clear your dialer cache and/or data by going to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications. Tap on the All tab and scrolling down to Dialer. Hope that helps your issue

OP
S

SmurfOnABoat

Reaction score
I have done all of the above mentioned ideas... no luck...

I can access the dialer, I want to know what all is in it, before I click clear data.... nothing else in the app list has an available button for clear cache only clear data.