Intermittent Dead Back Speaker.

Reaction score
Ok I have a weird intermittent problem with the back speaker going dead. I'm certain it not a software issue.

The back speaker suddenly quits and just as suddenly starts working again. No sounds, no settings will adjust this.

I have Stock 2.1 Droid that has been rooted and has sprecovery on it. I've rebooted, tried safe mode, battery pull, I did a factory reset and a spf flash back to 2.0.1. Still no sound untill it was in my pocket and suddenly restarted. I'm thinking I have a short in the speaker. I want this phone replaced but how can I prove to Verizon that I have an issue. It has done this on me twice in the past month.

Is there something I can do to fix this or make it fail totally without harming the unit and voiding warranty of course.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It does sound like a hardware issue. I would say unroot and take it in and try to replicate the issue. Or try calling vzw and see what tech support tells you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
nlinecomputers
Reaction score
I haven't been able to replicate the issue. It just happens. It was two weeks ago when it happened the last time and it fixed it self in about a hour. This time it was 24 hours and I was about to return it when it started working again. (Evil thing knows it was about to be returned....It's mocking me.)