Interesting message....

alonsou

Reaction score
Did anybody else got this message from someone that seems very interested on you? Hells not!!!! I'm not giving my email to anyone!!! I got to say that she almost convinced me...! Ha Ha Ha Nice try spammers!! :icon_evil:

HELLO my name is
elizabeth Aziku ,i saw your profile today in Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones: Motorola Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Incredible and Droid Eris
when i was browsing today in internet
became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address I believe we can move from here I am waiting.
(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Thanks elizabeth.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Was this in an email to your personal email account or was this pm'd to you in this forum? If it was a pm i'd report the private message. I don't like this so I'm reporting it. :shocked:

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
Was this in an email to your personal email account or was this pm'd to you in this forum? If it was a pm i'd report the private message. I don't like this so I'm reporting it. :shocked:

Ohh boy!!! I didn't realize that..... no pm... it was straight to my email....... thanks I have that address now on the spam folder..... I'll keep an eye on my inbox for any more strange activity. :icon_eek:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I don't like that someone connected your name here with your email. Do you have your email posted anywhere in your profile or anywhere in the forum at all where they might have seen it?

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
Yeah I don't like that someone connected your name here with your email. Do you have your email posted anywhere in your profile or anywhere in the forum at all where they might have seen it?

Not that I'm aware of.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of us in this forum who use gmail and our first name is part of our address. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. If the OP has a different email then the first name, then we have something to worry about. Other then that, I think it's fishing. To be clear what I mean by first name is as in my name is hookbill.

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
There are a lot of us in this forum who use gmail and our first name is part of our address. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. If the OP has a different email then the first name, then we have something to worry about. Other then that, I think it's fishing. To be clear what I mean by first name is as in my name is hookbill.

I get what your saying ... and not my email its totally different from my name... not even close.... now I'm getting concern..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just looked at your settings and you don't have your email posted where the public can view it. You do have your skype mobil name in there but that is close to handle that you use over here.

Don't know what to tell you. Keep your eyes opened. Change the pw on your gmail account.

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
I just looked at your settings and you don't have your email posted where the public can view it. You do have your skype mobil name in there but that is close to handle that you use over here.

Don't know what to tell you. Keep your eyes opened. Change the pw on your gmail account.

Thanks Hook I'll do it ASAP :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks Hook I'll do it ASAP :)

I'm also having admin look at our end to make sure nobody has hacked into our Forum. I feel our security is good, but I'm just going to have it double checked.

J

JohnDroid

We already tell Google not to pull the member profiles. But there is no email address there, so they are pulling that spam from somewhere else somehow.

I've seen this in the past and its usually someone who has also pasted their email address in a post somewhere as well.

J

JohnDroid

I've seen bots like this in the past and the way they operated was to scour the site for any email address you may have posted in any posts in the past, and then email you and say she saw you on this site.

The site has not been hacked, but I can almost guarantee somewhere in the past you've posted your email address on here and she got it in a public post.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Running a quick google search, I found your email address posted on another forum.. I'll PM you the details..

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
Running a quick google search, I found your email address posted on another forum.. I'll PM you the details..

Scary stuff!!!! thanks for the heads up!! I will have to be more careful now!! :icon_eek: