Insurance replacement. Keep X2 or go back to X?

xmguy

Reaction score
I got a Droid X2 as an insurance replacement. It's the WORSE phone I've ever had. Sluggish. Bugs to beat the band. Should I return it and try to get a referb X, or just wait for GB or GB 2.3.4?

Pros:

Good screen. (the thing I thought I'd hate the most). Good colors.

Lighter weight.

Dual Core. Note for sure if this is a pro or con.

Cons:

LAGGING.

Bugs with everything from if screen is turned off while sending a text it will not send. To same with uploading images to Facebook.

FM Radio volume and RDS Support.

Camera clicking.

Poor build quality.

Now some of these CAN be fixed by GB so I put this question forth.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What do you have to lose by NOT waiting for GB to update on it? That you will dislike it more? Sounds like you've already decided to return it. Take the risk and wait for the update(unless you have a deadline or something.)

nickelocene

Reaction score
I don't know about that. I just did the opposite of what you did. I had two bad DXs and now waiting for a DX2. My DXs had freezing, random reboot problems ever since GB update. It was flawless with Froyo. But you can't get DX with froyo anymore, unless of course you root it and flash back.
I'd say update your DX2 and see what it does. Several posts here say the GB made most of the problem go away for DX2. Fingers crossed.

tical364

Reaction score
I got a Droid X2 as an insurance replacement. It's the WORSE phone I've ever had. Sluggish. Bugs to beat the band. Should I return it and try to get a referb X, or just wait for GB or GB 2.3.4?

Pros:

Good screen. (the thing I thought I'd hate the most). Good colors.

Lighter weight.

Dual Core. Note for sure if this is a pro or con.

Cons:

LAGGING.

Bugs with everything from if screen is turned off while sending a text it will not send. To same with uploading images to Facebook.

FM Radio volume and RDS Support.

Camera clicking.

Poor build quality.

Now some of these CAN be fixed by GB so I put this question forth.

Dude I felt the exact same way. I wanted destroy my phone bc I too thought it was the worst phone ever. Then I updated to 2.3 and I wont trade this thing for anything. The phone performs phenomenally. Give it a try

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums