insufficient storage rooms to install app?

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
I noticed the app "twonky sever" isn't in my app menu anymore and I dont recall uninstalling it. I tried to re install the app and it says I have insufficient storage space? I have android version "2.1-update1" I brought myself back to 2.1 from froyo and gave myself root access. I DO have root access, thats a definite. But I always thought if you root your phone this kind of problem wouldn't happen? Do I need to take another step to allow more space to be used for apps? Somebody please help!

SGTiger

Reaction score
I noticed the app "twonky sever" isn't in my app menu anymore and I dont recall uninstalling it. I tried to re install the app and it says I have insufficient storage space? I have android version "2.1-update1" I brought myself back to 2.1 from froyo and gave myself root access. I DO have root access, thats a definite. But I always thought if you root your phone this kind of problem wouldn't happen? Do I need to take another step to allow more space to be used for apps? Somebody please help!

Go to Settings>SD card and phone storage settings

How much available space is showing for both the SD card and Internal Phone Storage?

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
well i uninstalled a few soundboards and now have 130 or so MB of internal storage after i reinstalled twonky server.

i know on froyo you have the option to move apps to SD card. but i dont think theres any way to do such a thing on 2.1?? hopefully an OTA update for 2.2 comes soon

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
ooh. and I understand you dont suddenly get infinite space. I just thought i saw somewhere that a certain % of space on your phone could be used for apps and once you root all of the space on the phone. idk what i was seeing.