"insufficient Space" LIES

aubreeanna7

Reaction score
Ok. Someone help me. Im missing something.
i have an HTC Status.
I have ONE app installed.

ONE.
I have deleted all but 10 pics, deleted all messages and music.....so as you can imagine
I have TONS of space available.
Yet, when I try to download any new app it says "insufficient space!"
What is up?
Ive done a factory reset, I've cleared caches, I have my ONE app on my SD card.

What am I missing here?
Am I only allowed to have one app?
FRUSTRATED.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I can't believe you were not told about the one app limit for new phones. That is just ridiculous! Of course I'm kidding. how old is your phone? Have you checked the phone memory as well? How much memory do you have left in the phone and SD card? If your phone is new and you haven't attempted and failed at rooting the phone you should consider returning it if its under warranty.

This post is Incredible 2

handicapitation

Reaction score
Has this issue been solved? I have a 16GB Google Nexus 7 ICS 4.1.1. Its rooted with CyanogenMod 10.0.0 ParanoidAndroid 2.16. In settings/storage I have used (Apps) 2.06GB (pics) 212MB (audio) 20KB (Downloads) 556MB (Available) 3.25GB. So I'm really only using less than 3GB of internal storage not including the OS. So why do I only have 3.25GB available when it should be closer to 10GB? Its really frustrating because I can't install any new apps due to lack of storage. I've tried clearing browser cache/history etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Has this issue been solved? I have a 16GB Google Nexus 7 ICS 4.1.1. Its rooted with CyanogenMod 10.0.0 ParanoidAndroid 2.16. In settings/storage I have used (Apps) 2.06GB (pics) 212MB (audio) 20KB (Downloads) 556MB (Available) 3.25GB. So I'm really only using less than 3GB of internal storage not including the OS. So why do I only have 3.25GB available when it should be closer to 10GB? Its really frustrating because I can't install any new apps due to lack of storage. I've tried clearing browser cache/history etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum

This app https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEsImNvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5kaXNrdXNhZ2UiXQ.. should be able to root out all the disk usage issues. You may find something you didn't realize was there.

handicapitation

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

This app https://play.google.com/store/apps/...DEsImNvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5kaXNrdXNhZ2UiXQ.. should be able to root out all the disk usage issues. You may find something you didn't realize was there.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give that a try and post back my results.

>>Program worked great! Kind of like Spacemonger for PC. Unfortunately that was not the problem for me. I was trying to install Final Fantasy 4 APK through installer and would get insufficient space error. Went to Google Play Store and bought it and it installed correctly.

Last edited: