Instant Messenger

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Is there an Instant Messenger that can be used on the Droid? I hear alot of people with BB talking about BlackBerry Instant Messenger. Is there something like that for Droid? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are also several clients that allow you to chat using internet messaging (AIM, MSN, etc.) such as Meebo and Ebuddy.

OP
jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I thought that is what GTalk was but not sure. Also is there a charge for using G Talk or is it free? Also, how does it work? Im sure you can only chat with people that have gmail accounts, but I have some who have gmail but it never shows the little green light beside their name.

Last edited:

R1Lover

Reaction score
It's free and yes it's googles version of BB messenger plus much more.... you can install it on your pc as well..

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I thought that is what GTalk was but not sure. Also is there a charge for using G Talk or is it free? Also, how does it work? Im sure you can only chat with people that have gmail accounts, but I have some who have gmail but it never shows the little green light beside their name.

If the light next to them is not lit up, it means they're not logged on.

aliceyang

Reaction score
123webmessenger software

I suggest 123webmessenger software, it's the best IM software for a webmaster, it has a facebook like bar, the instant messenger friend list will dock at bottom of users browsers, that's exactly what every webmaster is looking for. Wish it will help one of you.

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score
If any can tell me how to set up my Droid I to be able to chat with AIM - that'd be great! My daughter was away on vacation to Turkey and Greece, and of course, her AT&T iPhone had no coverage. But she did send me some AIM messages - though I could only read them - not reply. I'm kinda lost with this - so any help would be appreciated. I will note that her messages all seemed to be limited to about 1-2 sentences, then I'd have to type a word (forget what word) and the next couple of sentences would appear. I had to do this several times to view her entire message. But - no way to reply to her. What's up? mikey - lost in AIM..

Dragoro

Reaction score
Get Trillian for android. Its still in beta so you have to get it at the Trillian website but it makes the other messenger apps look terrible.