Installing CM7???

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would like to give CM7 and try. I am currently running UKB 2.1. I am a bit unsure about how to install the CM7 compatible CWM. I have downloaded a flashable zip for it, but it just seems weird to flash a zip that changes recovery while in recovery??? Anyway, if someone could point me in the direction of some good instructions or just give me the process I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Tvo14

Reaction score
This link is what you need. the very bottom of the first post has some downloads that you need. CM7 uses a a different CWM Recovery, so you need the .Tar file with ODIN and that adds the CWM that is compatible with the CM7 flash files. Once you run it will do the file system conversion. Sorry for the "Caveman" explanation (I barely understand it myself but I got it to work)
[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (fascinatemtd) pretty-much-official build 11.1 - [07/18/11] - xda-developers
Once you use this version of CWM you will only be able to flash CM7 and MIUI Roms in the future.
BTW, CM7 rocks! Very fast and smooth.

taglish123

Reaction score
Hi!!
Is there a step by step idiot-proof instructions on how to flash CM7 from stock ED05? My brain officially hurts from reading different posts and still not sure on how to do this successfully. Thanks in advance...

taglish123

Reaction score
I also forgot...also if for some reason I have to go back to stock...are there steps for that as well?

Tvo14

Reaction score
I was running the latest ComRom and went to CM7.
This is what I did.

You will need to copy the Rom to your SD Card
Then ODIN the CWM found the first link at the bottom of the page (the CWM recovery that is with ComROm is not compatible with the CM7 File system.
Once you odin that recovery, reboot into recovery and flash the CM7 rom.
Make sure you wipe data first.