Installed Eclipse Lost all contacts...

cjj2d

Reaction score
I installed the latest version of Eclipse and all went well, but I lost all my contacts. I could not pull them through gmail sync either and they would not show in gmail. I tried multiple times to no success.

I had to restore back to original and now all contacts are there. I want to use the Eclipse ROM as I liked it, just couldnt get my contacts.

any ideas or advice???

I did notice one error when restoring, not sure if it said it when I installed Eclipse or not and not sure if it had anything to do with it.

it said something like error: sd android.secure......

any help greatly appreciated!

briandwills

Reaction score
I flashed 2.1 with no issues. Have had zero issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mikedav1

Reaction score
I have using this for a few weeks and upped to 2.1, purring along. Make sure you wipe yourself completely. System, Chache, Data, Dalvik. Try again or re d/l it.

OP
C

cjj2d

Reaction score
when flashing I get this message:

no /sdcard/.android_secure found. skipping backup of applications on external storage
backing up cache...
no sd-ext found. skipping backup of sd-ext

is this a problem?

OP
C

cjj2d

Reaction score
I tried reinstalling v2.1. and got the messages above but continued with the install.

now it is not connecting to the network, i am having to use wifi and I still have not contacts? I exported them to sd card prior this time and tried to import them and to no avail.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Superdan2481

Reaction score
what about google sync? My contacts are always restored from google sync, did you wipe your sd card?? maybe your sd card is not inserted properly Try taking it out in putting it back in. Does the computer read your sd card? Also What about after the rom is loaded have you tried looking Thru the file Manager to see if it even sees Your sd card?

Superdan2481

Reaction score
Also whats weird is you installed your Rom thru install from sd card method in clockwork recovery No? then maybe you wiped the wrong parts when loading the Rom?

OP
C

cjj2d

Reaction score
I used bionic bootstrap

my computer recognized the sd card, that is where I have put the eclips .zip file.

Usually gmail syncs up, I even sync'd before I did this and now gmail has nothing for me. It has no contacts either.

is there a step i am missing?

OP
C

cjj2d

Reaction score
how would i wipe the wrong parts when loading the rom???

Superdan2481

Reaction score
well I'm wondering, Ok Like today I loaded a Fresh install of liberty Rom On mine. I went into bionic Bootstrap I wiped Data/Cache three Times, Then Cache Three Times, Then System three times, Then Dalvik Three Times. Then I just waited for it to boot Up like Normal. But On the install of Did you Check To make sure Gmail sync'd this Time? An is that your Method of install also?

Superdan2481

Reaction score
also your backup could be bad Or your recovery Might need to Be reinstalled. Also I''ve noticed The Backup works better On Rom manager Then Thru Recovery

OP
C

cjj2d

Reaction score
so correct me if I am not doing this correctly.

I am using boot strap to do this.

I backup first>
I wipe data/cache>
load eclipse 2.1zip

OP
C

cjj2d

Reaction score
I did notice, there is no backup/sync when I loaded the rom.

Superdan2481

Reaction score
When installing Any Rom You must wipe Data/cache I do all mine 3 times LoL PLUS wipe Cache PLUS! Wipe system Under Mounts also Dalvik Cache Under advanced...Just a question are you installing the actully zip file of your backup or the rom? and also what system are you on? Like under the about phone...That could Have ALOT to do with your Problem :mad: