Individual Custom Ringtones

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Heres what I have found so far

1. Ringtones from Gmail contacts do not work but local contacts do
2. as soon as you merge a local contact with a gmail contact the ringtone stops working o_O

this has been tested and verified by me... Test yourself

Now we need to figure out how to make it easy

please discuss your tests and idea's

BTW: this is not a Liberty ROM issues as I think this is a common issue with all AOSP android devices....

I will make this a sticky until we figure something out

Last edited:

mtcawirtz

Reaction score

2. as soon as you merge a local contact with a gmail contact the ringtone stops working o_O

BTW: this is not a Liberty ROM issues as I think this is a common issue with all AOSP android devices....

OK. So how do we make all of our contacts "Local" then? This would solve the issue right?

nicotinic

Reaction score
How about some Backup Assistant

OK. So how do we make all of our contacts "Local" then? This would solve the issue right?

Would Back-Up Assistant work to make all contacts local?

dnj852

Reaction score
I am having this same issue, it works once in a while but not usually.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

acroyle

Reaction score

I have tried this method by deleting my wife as a contact and entering her info back in just as a phone contact and still no dice.

hazmat780

Reaction score
Not only has individual ringtones disappeared, but we no longer have the option of directing specified callers directly to voicemail?? (works great on those pesky 800 numbers)

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I have tried this method by deleting my wife as a contact and entering her info back in just as a phone contact and still no dice.

the local account can not be linked up to your gmail account at all.

PerCompLLC

Reaction score
Not only has individual ringtones disappeared, but we no longer have the option of directing specified callers directly to voicemail?? (works great on those pesky 800 numbers)
Yes you do... Open a contact and press the menu button. The next screen allows for a custom ringtone (not working) and for "send directly to voicemail". Send directly to voicemail works perfectly. :):)

acroyle

Reaction score

the local account can not be linked up to your gmail account at all.

It isn't linked to my gmail account. When I typed her phone number it asked me about "phone contact-not synced" or "gmail synced" and I chose the phone only option.

hazmat780

Reaction score
awesome~! Thanks. I guess I'll just have to start digging through *ALL* the sub menus to see what else i may have missed.
Yes you do... Open a contact and press the menu button. The next screen allows for a custom ringtone (not working) and for "send directly to voicemail". Send directly to voicemail works perfectly. :):)

anrichardson

Reaction score
I think i know what to do if I missed this already in the thread sorry.

But, I have had problems like this too. What you have to do is SEARCH for the contact in Gmail contacts and you will find the local contact that you put on your phone.

Then you will have to put what "Group" you want it in. It's like making sure that they are in "My Contacts". I've had this problems many times. Hopes this works.

I've had multiple contacts of the same person because of it. Makes it difficult to update sometimes

kameleongt

Reaction score
maybe try an aftermarket app while this issue is resolved. maybe ringo lite or whoitis

acroyle

Reaction score
I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening. I deleted all my contacts and manually entered them back in on my phone, used ringdroid to set individual ringtones for each one and it still rings with the default ringtone.