Incrediable vs. The X

tlh290

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've had my incredible for a few weeks now but I'm thinking about returning it for the Droid X. Any thoughts/comments on which is better? I haven't played with the X yet, except online. I like how thin it is but I like the size of the Incredible. Are there any other major differences besides the 4G?

Thanks.

huskur

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've had my incredible for a few weeks now but I'm thinking about returning it for the Droid X. Any thoughts/comments on which is better? I haven't played with the X yet, except online. I like how thin it is but I like the size of the Incredible. Are there any other major differences besides the 4G?

Thanks.

There is no 4G

OP
T

tlh290

Reaction score
haha thanks. So what is the difference? A bigger screen?

drtnsnw

Reaction score
the X is huge!! Veryclear screen but I like sense way better than what the X comes with.

One of the reps at the local VZW store had one when I was in there yesterday. It was very nice but too big for me

Chris

BobbyHurley

Reaction score
Droid X can take 720 (HD) video and comes with an HDMI output.

The DROID X is a larger phone in height and width (5.02” x 2.57”), but is still relatively thin at 0.39”, though there is a bit of a hump at the top, which houses the 8MP camera. The DROID X is constructed out of metal, which feels solid and durable in the hand, but still comfortable to hold, thanks to the soft-touch coating. Meanwhile, the Droid Incredible is more compact (4.63” x 2.3”) and comes in about 0.88oz less weight.

showimage.php

kmo

Reaction score
Right, and the Incredible will getting the ability to shoot in 720p as well...Quoted from:WirelessGround.Com Blog

"If you are an Incredible waiting Verizon customer, well then keep reading. Droid-Life reported today that the wait just might have been worth it, as an OTA (over the air) update for the Incredible will be available soon. The update will reportedly address some of the most common requests. With this update your Droid Incredible can now be used as a mobile hot spot, the camera will now record in 720p."

SofaKing

Reaction score
the X is huge!! Veryclear screen but I like sense way better than what the X comes with.

One of the reps at the local VZW store had one when I was in there yesterday. It was very nice but too big for me

Chris

Yeah my daughter got the Incredible yesterday and the rep also had the X. It is huge, too big for me. But I don't like sense too much and would prefer what the moto Droid came with - basic clean Android for me to do what I want with it!

HeroNova

Reaction score
Droid X can take 720 (HD) video and comes with an HDMI output.

The DROID X is a larger phone in height and width (5.02” x 2.57”), but is still relatively thin at 0.39”, though there is a bit of a hump at the top, which houses the 8MP camera. The DROID X is constructed out of metal, which feels solid and durable in the hand, but still comfortable to hold, thanks to the soft-touch coating. Meanwhile, the Droid Incredible is more compact (4.63” x 2.3”) and comes in about 0.88oz less weight.

showimage.php

Wow that is a huge difference in screen size. Both good and bad in my opinion. Nice to have all that screen real estate but the size of it is a bit big for my tastes.

I also do like Sense UI, so I will most likely be sticking with my Incredible over the Droid X, unless I become part of that promotion from Verizon which would save me a bit of money. Only then would I really consider switching. Especially since the Incredible is going to get the mobile hotspot and will reportedly be able to record in 720 (don't really have a use for that anyway but it would be a nice feature).

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Thanks.

No verizon phones have 4G.

3 main differences?
1; screen size. Inc: 3.7", X: 4.3"
2; The X has a locked bootloader.
3; Processor. Inc: 1Ghz Snapdragon, X: 1GHz TI OMAP with dedicated GPU

Hope this helped