Increase Quadrant Score !!!

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I have a Motorola droid with BB V.02.1 installed its running on the 125-1100MHz kernel i have tried many different kernels but any thing over 250-1100MHz i get freezes and reboots if i go to 125-1250MHz or 250-1250MHz kernels i get to start up reboot over and over is there something i can do to get it too work .....i also did the wipe and factory reset ....so any help would be grateful.

jonnybgewd

Reaction score
Nope some droids can't handle that much, some can. Search overclocking 101 to learn more. But remember no droids are the same

mentaloaf

Reaction score
I have a Motorola droid with BB V.02.1 installed its running on the 125-1100MHz kernel i have tried many different kernels but any thing over 250-1100MHz i get freezes and reboots if i go to 125-1250MHz or 250-1250MHz kernels i get to start up reboot over and over is there something i can do to get it too work .....i also did the wipe and factory reset ....so any help would be grateful.

What kernel did you try? Mine couldn't take a 1.2ghz by Chevy or Bekit, but CAN handle the 1.2ghz by p3....I have no idea how these things work or how different they are between makers but my phone is running smooth as ever and my quadrants are on average around 1600...

I'm about to try the new cyangogenmod 5.0.8 rom that was just released just to see what's up, I'll let you know...

mentaloaf

Reaction score
It's possible....actually very likely that your phone just doesn't like anything over 1.2ghz.

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Are you saying 1200 quadrant score or 1200 mhz kernel? You just have to play around with different rom/kernel combos, and find the one that is the most stable and the best feel/speed/look

bill12690

Reaction score
my friends wouldnt do 1.2Ghz either, for the life of it. he took it to verizon, got another one.. this one doesnt either. mine and my gf's phones both handle 1.25Ghz just fine though.

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
My suggestion

I like bugless beast. However this bugless beast for 2.2 was released before the 2.2 source and it even says experimental. Basically it is installed over the leaked rom instead of being a build from scratch. now that 2.2 source has been released to developers if you are patient they will within the next week or 2 be putting out stable from scratch builds. In the mean time you should do this. (After following this tutorial please reinstall rom manager and go to download section, Go to chevy01 and download and install his low voltage 1200mhz kernel..Important to do this after following this tutorial. Note::when installing the kernel from rom manager after this tutorial there is no need to wipe data.

I am posting this as a nandroid backup. I have put together the 2.2 froyo rom with the p3 1100mhz oc kernel, Blue energy theme, simply stunning Battery Icon and the Market fix w/Busybox. Also if you scroll down I am providing links to download the wireless tether, tube droid youtube downloader, the new siriusxm.apk and, flash player 10.1. You can find them below the instructions but, first things first...You must install rom manager and flash clockworkmod recovery.

Download:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Extract to your desktop.
copy the 2010-06-26.17.28.10 file to sdcard/clockworkmod/backup
Reboot into recovery
Wipe data twice
go to nandroid
go to restore
go to 2010-06-26.17.28.10
icon_%20banana.gif

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE OR IF THE WORLD EXPLODES AND YOUR DOG BITES YOU......ALWAYS ALWAYS PERFORM A BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING THINGS LIKE THIS..

As promised here are the links for our favorite apps...
wireless thether: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Flash player 10.1:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Sirius XM App:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
The best youtube downloader app that was pulled from the market "TubeDroid":MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

All of those are .apk files so you can install them by going to the market and getting "androzip" then selecting those files on your sdcard and selecting install. make sure you have your phone set to allow unknown sources. menu/settings/applications/unknown sources.

Now come the thanks...dancedroid
Thanks to p3Droid(oc Kernel)
Thanks to roberj13(Blue Energy w/simply stunning battery)
Thanks to Titans (his thread is where I originally found the market fix w/busybox) here is a link to his FAQ thread:How to: Get the most out of the Froyo ROM / FAQ's
And Much Thanks to Droid Forums for giving us this wonderful place to find and relay cool info. I believe that websites such as this one are extremely important in the Android Education of the masses.

If you would like some screen shots to view roberj13's Blue energy theme you can go to his thread:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/49656-blue-energy-theme-froyo-android-2-2-a.html

I know all of the download links work because I just uploaded all the files today.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have BB v0.1 with Chevy's 7 slot 1.2 kernel plus the Black Ice theme. I keep setCPU at the 12000 and I have no issues.

Try a different kernel. If that does not rectify then flash a different rom.

Mike

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
That probably works wonderfully on your phone but, as stated earlier in this thread every phone is different. I have the same problem with mine I cannot get one that is above 1200 to work on mine. I have tried several roms, every different voltage of kernel and I cannot get the 1250's to work. my phone will crash and reboot. I put together that nandroid backup and my phone is now running better than ever(no exaggeration) the only thing I changed after was I installed the chevy01 1200mhz low voltage kernel(I did that after posting the tutorial and the nandroid backup) I will post the updated nandroid backup next weekend when I have the time but now I am swamped at work. Try that and then let me know how it works for you. I truley believe that you will be surprised with how well things run. I'm not getting 19's on quadrant but I am getting 1470 or so which is still top shelf.

kenbaker0011

Reaction score
You may also play with the voltages. Chevy just released the medium voltage kernels (in the last few days) and I seem to have to use these, instead of the LV or ULV versions. Using BBv0.2.1, Chevyno1 1.25-MV kernel, launcher pro and not a problem one.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That probably works wonderfully on your phone but, as stated earlier in this thread every phone is different. I have the same problem with mine I cannot get one that is above 1200 to work on mine. I have tried several roms, every different voltage of kernel and I cannot get the 1250's to work. my phone will crash and reboot. I put together that nandroid backup and my phone is now running better than ever(no exaggeration) the only thing I changed after was I installed the chevy01 1200mhz low voltage kernel(I did that after posting the tutorial and the nandroid backup) I will post the updated nandroid backup next weekend when I have the time but now I am swamped at work. Try that and then let me know how it works for you. I truley believe that you will be surprised with how well things run. I'm not getting 19's on quadrant but I am getting 1470 or so which is still top shelf.

Your first sentence is key-- each phone is different!~

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score