Power button would not turn on my phone

xoatomxo

Reaction score
Hi. I am new to rooting a phone , but after a week of hesitation I decided to root it after seeing UD theme. I followed directions from "Complete How-To on How to Mod Your Phone (BB 2.1 ROM, O/C, MM, Boot Animation, etc" and rooted and installed UD 10 successfully with one try. I was so happy...
however, I began to have problems on direction number 45, which was about overclocking kernels. 2 links in Optional Kernels did not work, so I decided to go to: UPDATE] New Kernels - Low Voltage + Medium Voltage - 3/25/2010
Over there I downloaded 5-slot Low Voltage 1.0Ghz (125/250/550/800/1000) OR 1.2Ghz (125/250/550/800/1200) I forget. After downloaded the kernel files I went on with the instruction:
49. Choose allow update.zip installation. (completed)
50. Choose Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated). Mine did not say DEPRECATED but i still installed the Update.zip on sdcard.
51. Reboot the phone. When phone rebooted: several errors messages kept coming out. one of them was about VOICE and i forget other ones. I pulled the battery and rebooted my phone, same error message. I decided to recover by pressing power button and x button, but it said there was no file on the Nandroid( or some other folder i was instructed to save backup). so I decided to do wipe data/factory reset. it completed successfully. however after factory reset, I could only see motorola logo when i turn on the phone. Some said low battery might cause that to happen, so I charged my phone for 12 hours.
After that my phone would not turn on! It doesnt matter how long i press it. It simply would not turn on. But when I plug my charger, it shows that Motorola logo. It only disappears when i pull the battery. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try reloading a solid backup from recovery, and use the charger to turn your phone on.

OP
X

xoatomxo

Reaction score
Try reloading a solid backup from recovery, and use the charger to turn your phone on.

I'm sorry but could you teach me how to reload backup from recovery. Also after I charged for a day, phone would not turn on.
Motorola logo shows up when i charge, ttherwise nothing shows on the screen, even i press power button.

OP
X

xoatomxo

Reaction score
I went to verizon store and got a replacement phone. Thank you for those of you who tried to help me.