Incoming text during a delete..now stuck..HELP

slax22

Reaction score
Was erasing some texts and while it was 'working' to delete I received a new text. That text now pops up in the notification bar every time I delete a text now! Very annoying, text search app unable to locate this rouge message. Looking to locate/delete it! fyi a droid incredible with the updated os. please help:)

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
If it's not the stock messaging app then you can just uninstall it. Or maybe try turning off notifications and auto retrieve for a bit.

RogueText

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen and could not find the rogue text anywhere, though it would show up under the contact information (with no way to delete it). I just happened to find it tonight though so you might want to check it this way.

On your home screens make sure that you have the Messaging Widget placed on a screen (the one where you can scroll through them, not the linear one). Using the widget, you should be able to scroll through and find the rogue text, and if you simply click the delete icon, it will disappear and not come back up anymore.

Last edited:
OP
S

slax22

Reaction score
Yeah thats the thing..the only physical place it shows up is the contact card list of messages. Opening through the widget and the text isnt among the others from the same person. Unless I was mis-understanding your widget instructions? Thanks for the help!

RogueText

Reaction score
On the Widget it did not group mine with the other texts from the same person either, but instead had it as a completely separate text so you might have to scroll through all of your texts via the Widget to find it.

OP
S

slax22

Reaction score
All grouped by sender...not sure how to have them list individually? even deleted contact, rouge text notification still appears as if its a new text whenever I delete some others...

RogueText

Reaction score
On mine, when I went to the Widget it had the texts I had received from the same person the rogue text had came from but the rogue text was not there. When I scrolled through my texts via the widget though, there was a second thread from the same contact where the rogue text was. Even though the text is technically from the same person, the phone reads the rogue text as being from a different contact. Scroll through your entire text pile (not the actual contact's texts, but the stacked texts from all of your contacts) in the Widget and you should be able to find it. (Sorry, I know it's probably not making much sense, but I don't know how to visually show it).