"Text Message Not Sent" alert won't go away

cpill1219

Reaction score
I have a Droid. Earlier today, a text message did not send and as usual, the "text message not sent" icon popped up in the notification bar. No problem there. I just went back and successfully resent the message. However, after I did this, whenever I opened up my text messages or received one, the alert message kept popping up. It got annoying so i deleted my entire text inbox. It still keeps popping up. When I "tap to view message" it just says "message not available" Even so, anytime i receive a txt, open my inbox, or leave my phone alone for a while, the message still pops up. It's driving me NUTS. I have already taken out my battery, etc. HOW DO I FIX THIS?

jackdlevy

Reaction score
found the answer

I had the same problem on my droid, but then I downloaded an free app called history eraser, I simple went into the app, just only selected: "failed sms/msm" and it got rid of the icon forever, while still keeping all my text messages and losing nothing important. Best of luck.

ksenay

Reaction score
I am having the same problem all of a sudden..as well as my phone being very warm...I am not real happy about this.