New text notification keeps appearing...

Ddubb9965

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I deleted 1000+ text thread between me and my girlfriend. While the thread was deleting (took a few minutes) I received a text from her. That new text notification keeps popping up after I send a text and hit the home button. When I go to the screen with all of the threads, the notification goes away no new text messages are showing up. I've been working around this issue since it happened, but now it's just working my nerves. Any help for me?

Thank you in advance.

OP
D

Ddubb9965

Reaction score
Menu>applications>manage applications>all(top row of tabs)>messaging>clear cache and clear data. Should work to clear out the notification. If not, hit up the rescue squad, they will help you. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

This didn't work. Came right back after my very next text message sent.

OP
D

Ddubb9965

Reaction score
Posted the thread in the tech forum, and was told to try here. Here is the original thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/104288-new-text-notification-keeps-appearing.html

A few weeks ago I deleted 1000+ text thread between me and my girlfriend. While the thread was deleting (took a few minutes) I received a text from her. That new text notification keeps popping up after I send a text and hit the home button. When I go to the screen with all of the threads, the notification goes away no new text messages are showing up. I've been working around this issue since it happened, but now it's just working my nerves. Any help for me?

Thank you in advance.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, a factory data reset should fix it, though you will lose some of your settings, texts, call logs, and such.

OP
D

Ddubb9965

Reaction score
Well, a factory data reset should fix it, though you will lose some of your settings, texts, call logs, and such.

Sooo after having the phone for two months I have to reset it back to the day i got it?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I got my Droid 1 pretty much on release day and about a week later the first time I was actually using nav and gps and found it was not working right, I did a factory data reset to fix it. So, yes.

KairiLyn93

Reaction score
Same Problem

We're in the same boat. Not too long ago, I did what you did. Deleted a long thread and at the same time, had a message sent to me. Now it constantly pops up after receiving a message. It does goes away when I clear the notifications, hit things like the back button, home page and whatnot, but it's never gone for long. When I click on the message it also takes me to a blank screen that says "Loading..." when really, it has nothing to load. Did you ever get this problem sorted out? If so, please share!
Many thanks.

OP
D

Ddubb9965

Reaction score
I was reluctant to do a data reset, since I had a lot of stuff i didn't want deleted. But I got fed up with the notification and did the factory reset. I didn't lose what I thought I was going to lose and all has been well since. Good luck

KairiLyn93

Reaction score
Sorry about the delay. But, yes, I had a feeling it would come down to the factory reset. However, I'm afraid of losing my contacts, pictures, videos, apps, and such...what did/didn't you lose? I've yet to do the reset, and the annoying message is getting on my nerves. Thanks in advance.

tkaaf

Reaction score
this works i just did it

Have you tried clearing the data in the dialer storage file? You have to go into settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to dialer storage. Select it and hit the clear data button. This will delete all information stored in your text messages and call log.

PetePierson

Reaction score
Obviously new here and bumping a very old thread. I had the same issue as the OP, received text while deleting threads. I have tried clearing cache from Apps Manager but to no avail.

Any new solutions in the last 3 1/2+ years?