Incipio OffGrid Case Brings Extended Battery and Expandable Storage To The Galaxy S6

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The two main complaints that Samsung fans have had with the Galaxy S6 is the fact that Samsung chose to eliminate the removable battery and sdcard slot from the Galaxy series. These are two features that we have really come to rely on when it comes to Samsung phones. This was enough for many of you to go with a device like the LG G4 which does include these two features.

If you bought the S6 or S6 Edge anyhow and are beginning to miss the ability to carry a spare battery or add some memory Incipio has just released a case that gives you extended battery and expandable storage. The Offgrid Battery Case has a built in 3700mah battery with quick charge 2.0 circuitry and an sdcard slot. Other features of the case include thermal optimization, overcharge protection, output over-voltage protection, fast charge pass through, current limit protection, and NFC pass through. Grab this for only $89 at the link below.

via Incipio

Last edited by a moderator:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Looks like a great device!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Looks like a good solution for those who need SD expansion.

Reactions: cr6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I went to their page and this also maintains the NFC capabilities of the S6. You can toggle storage back and forth between the internal and microsd with a switch.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I'd love this for my Droid Turbo.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how the MicroSD card is going to work if it's not actually in the phone

Sent from my Verizon G4

robert.gaul.902

Reaction score
Probably over usb. Love this case. Hits every checkbox you can think of. HOPE they do the same for the note 5

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could it be that the SD card uses NFC communication?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
This plugs into the MicroUSB Charge port making it like a the Mophie Case they have for the iPhone. It would essentially be like using the OTG USB Option but self-contained. They need need more of these type cases for other phones.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It loos like you will be using either bluetooth headphones or an extension for the wired headphones which is included in the package.