InCar Bluetooth sounds horrible... Anyone else?

s_hinerman

Reaction score
I have a new camaro and it has bluetooth built in... Its on the newest software(which still could be the issue since that is months old) My Bionic sounds absolutely horrible on that bluetooth... Its almost like it still using the mic on the phone over the car mic... If i put it under my leg i cant be heard at all...
My old droid worked fine in there... also my work BB work crystal clear so it might be the software not compatible with the bionic or some weird setting on the bionic i havent found yet? Anyone else having issues? any ideas to help?
Thanks

OP
S

s_hinerman

Reaction score
Have you tried the Bionic on other BT devices?
It seems to work ok with reg headsets... but that has always been in a dead quiet room vs the car... plus the car has phone book integration if that makes any difference...

tbell6

Reaction score
I get reoccurring skip using Blue Tooth with Ford Fusion Sync. Frequency one every ten minutes. I suspect another program that checks wifi connected state.

Had problem, had to tell Sync each time I get into car the media connection is BT not Cable-In. Deleted BT pairing for Driod Bionic started music playing and then paired with Sync again. Sync now finds phone and music on BT. As long as I have BT on Sync find and connects both phone and music automatically.

Updated, from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

Dedonut

Reaction score
And I get Bluetooth skips when playing playlist from Droid Bionic on a 2011 Lincoln MKZ. Sound quality is awful.

slaya786

Reaction score
Mine has sounded and performed fine over a belkin bluetooth reciever wired to my head unit

Dedonut

Reaction score
I don't have a head unit. Mine plays from phone to car audio ... the iPhone quality was great on the same tracks. The Droid Bionic sounds awful and skips.

ice456789

Reaction score
I also have skipping issues. I listen to mostly audio books while driving and it's extremely frustrating.

You'd think that if the phone is gonna use SO MUCH battery on bluetooth it'd at least be able to do it properly.

Droid69

Reaction score
Mine doesn't skip but the person on the other end fades then comes back. Very annoying my OG Droid worked like a champ. I have a 2011 Fusion with Sync.

OP
S

s_hinerman

Reaction score
so i tested further last night with my plantronic BT headset and the car... The plantronics also seems to have issues if you are too close to the phone... Like the noise canceling mic is still on... If i am on the headset with the phone in my hand facing me talking the other person cant hear me... if i move it away from in front of me it works fine... if you cover the hole for noise canceling mic they hear nothing... I think i am seeing something similar in the car... i am thinking the noise canceling mic is the problem... like i hears the person talking through the speakers and then almost mutes me talking since it thinking my surrounding volume is so high... also in the car if i cover the noise canceling mic it mutes my voice... ANyone know how to turn it off for a test?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I only use the BT for calls in my Prius and it works fine. I have an iPod for music and audio books.

Dedonut

Reaction score
I posted earlier that the sound quality when streaming music from my Droid Bionic to the 2011 MKZ was poor. Well, I deleted and reconnected the phone (it's set as Favorite) but now the sound of streaming music is non-existent. Like an earlier poster, I have the same issue. Bluetooth says the phone is connected (to both phone and media), music is playing on the phone (but no sound is coming from it) and the Nav. System shows media streaming but no sound. All the proper boxes are checked, the volume is up ... but nothing. Phone calls from the car are fine, music playing from the phone is fine. I would have thought perhaps there was some incompatibility issue, but I had it working once so that's not it. I spent a good portion of last night in the car, in the driveway, with the phone and the Nav. System manual. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My previous iPhone worked great and streamed as soon as I turned the car on.

terigox

Reaction score
Are you guys seeing it only on certain apps ? I've only used BT for calls and Pandora streaming but haven't noticed any problems in my Tundra with BT capable stock radio. I've listened for hours without any problems!

Think it has something to do with the media app?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dedonut

Reaction score
Are we seeing it only on certain apps? I don't follow what you're saying. I can't stream my phone music via bluetooth to my car but my phone is sync'd and working. And the music did once ... not well, but it did it. Now it doesn't at all. Actually, when I think about it ... the Nav System recognizes and is streaming the music ... there's just no sound coming from the radio while the music is playing from the phone.

terigox

Reaction score
So when I say certain apps, I mean whether you're using media player to play MP3s by streaming, by using it as a "media server", or whether you're using an app like pandora and streaming the music.

On my Tundra, I have 2 options on how to play media from the phone using the built in player (streaming or media server). Then if you count Pandora or Slacker, those applications just stream the music over bluetooth to your radio as if they were headphones.

Just trying to help narrow down where the problem might be, since I usually always use the "streaming" option... I've never seen any problems with it.

Hope this helps some and doesn't confuse things more :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums