Horrible, worse than usual data drops this weekend.... anyone else???

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
My phone has been almost unusable this wknd because I cant get a damn data connection.... anyone know of network issues? Anyone else having this problem? Im in Charleston SC on the 5.7.893 software.

onebigunion

Reaction score
Mine was by the far the worst its ever been, first I've had to do more than toggle airplane to get it back. Central PA. Still on original software

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Honolulu, HI was pathetic as well all day yesterday and today.... I called VZW yesterday afternoon and they claim there were no data issues on their networks... funny part is that both Sat & Sun evenings were back to normal full speed data again...if this continues I do plan to call VZW and demand that they send me a new phone if it isn't an issue with their network, thus basically saying that there is soemthing wrong with my particular Bionic

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I wouldn't say it was bad for me, but I definitely noticed it more than usual. Also my phone was just acting kind of weird in general. My email has been not wanting to automatically refresh since Thursday for some reason...

Johnny14o

Reaction score
East Tennessee here.. service for 4g AND 3g has SUCKED all weekend. After whatever issue Verizon had with their network last week, there are still lingering issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
East Tennessee here.. service for 4g AND 3g has SUCKED all weekend. After whatever issue Verizon had with their network last week, there are still lingering issues.

Tucson...no data drops since 0600.

WavelandAve

Reaction score
No data here in Omaha, NE since last night. Stock bionic here.

OP
D

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Uuuuughhhhh..... was hoping it wasnt a widespread issue! Verizon needs to get it together before they are the next AA&T

PhilD

Reaction score
4g and 3g data definitely worse than usual all weekend in southern NJ, about 5 miles from Philly (5.7.893)

FourFive

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get any 3g/4g on my phone for over 24 hours now, I'm in albany, ny but my buddy with the same phone isn't having any issues at all.

Christobal

Reaction score
I took a wrong turn last night a wound up lost on the PA/MD border. "Lucky me" I thought, as my Bionic was already in the car doc streaming audio. Once I invoked the nav system, NO DATA AT ALL!!! :mad: I toggled airplane mode to no avail as I wound down winding back-roads in the dark. I decided to double-back and actually found my way back WITHOUT the Bionic. A reboot was the only way to get 3G back. Had the thing been working, I would have discovered that I could have made a quick turn and been on my way in 5 minutes as opposed to the 20 minutes it took me to go all the way back to the wrong turn. I was ready to throw my phone out the window!!!

ruinah

Reaction score
I had the same problem over the weekend. I took a bus to New York from Maryland and had constant drops. While in lower NY, my phone would sometimes get a data connection, bust most of the time it just plain old didn't work. I am on 5.7.893. Seems ok this morning, only had 1 drop. (sad that I consider 1 drop ok).

dustinslee

Reaction score
I traded for a razr back yesterday and data was on and off all eve .... but it seems fine today

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
In Philly all weekend; Bionic 4G was working but speed was much lower than usual (10-5Mbs download), but my wife's droidX2 had to be rebooted for 3G to activate a couple times.

mikespe

Reaction score
I'm one of the lucky ones with a Bionic that is flawless except for the camera & the 5.7.893 update improved that a LOT! But with all the upgrades VZN has been doing on the towers last weekend & now today (this weekend was fine) my data has been cutting out. I'm in the Western NY area...