In need of some help reviving my GT-P3113 (gtab 2 7.0)

skennelly

Reaction score
Here is the situation. I was on cm10 for a long time and decided to odin back to stock. When I did this, my 16gb tab became a 4.59gb tablet. I have been searching the web every night for a solution to this problem. The only thing I could come up with was that I needed to flash a .pit file in odin. Unfortunately for me, when googling for pit files and flashing instructions, the info was sparse. I had someone offer up some info on pulling my own pit file with heimdall-frontend, which I did and was actually very simple. This person also had a similar issue, only with the 8gb tab. He actually flashed the pit file from the 8gb gt-p3110 and said he compared the pit from the p3110 and p3113 and they were similar enough that it worked.

My situation:

I flashed the pit file I pulled from my (now) 4 gb tab in combination with this file (HOME_P3113UEBLH2_999349_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5) in PDA. Tablet rebooted fine but still only had 4.59 gb internal storage. Now comes my boneheaded mistake. I now flash the 16 gb wifi only p3110 pit with the above tarball. Tablet reboots to a screen that reads:

Encryption failed

Unable to complete encryption due to interruption.
Perform factory data reset before use. After resetting, try
encrypting device again.

With a touch screen option to "reset device". When I touch that it boots to stock recovery to reset but I get this error:

wiping data...
formatting /data...
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
Formatting /cache...
Data wipe failed.
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XAR
Successfully applied multi-CSC.
-- Updating application...
E:failed to mount '/preload'(No such file or directory)

I am confident that I can recover this tab with the proper guidance, but I have no clue where/what to do from here. I can get into download mode, and I can boot the tab and get through the splash screen and boot animation (which then gets to the first error from above), and as long as I have the tablet plugged into a power source (turned on) and hold power + volume down, the tab turns off and will still charge. So I am not panicking, but I really do need some guidance please.

Thanks in advance.

OP
skennelly

skennelly

Reaction score
No one has any experience with this on any samsung device?

Sent from my SCH-I535

OP
skennelly

skennelly

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone for their help. I am going to take a long weekend to process all of this helpful information and see if it can't get my tab working again.

OP
skennelly

skennelly

Reaction score
After reviewing all the information presented to me in this thread, I have decided that I am still in need of help. Would be nice if someone had a suggestion.

P

PsyBit

With a touch screen option to "reset device". When I touch that it boots to stock recovery to reset but I get this error:

wiping data...
formatting /data...
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
Formatting /cache...
Data wipe failed.
-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : XAR
Successfully applied multi-CSC.
-- Updating application...
E:failed to mount '/preload'(No such file or directory)

Hi

Had a similar issue today, when i was testing data encryption stuff (on CM10.1). I finally (for several reasons) wanted to revert back to an unencrypted state.
I tried to factory reset device from running Jelly Bean, but the tablet rebootet and data and encryption remained untouched. Even a factory-wipe in CWM recovery was not able to format /data ( i believe it does not call mkfs, but tries to delete files within the partition).

So did it manually in the adb shell console of CWM:

Code:
mke2fs -t ext4 -O ^flex_bg,^huge_file,^uninit_bg,^dir_nlink,^extra_isize,^dir_index,^ext_attr /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
tune2fs -c -1 -i 0 -E hash_alg=tea -r0 /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
e2fsck /dev/block/mmcblk0p10

all these FS option where choosen to be as close as possible to the file-system options of the /system partition.