Improve Call Audio Quality

deolexrex

Reaction score
  • Dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) and act as if you were going to call that number.
  • Enter 000000 for the SPC Password and then tap Verify
  • Tap on "04 Vocode"
  • Tap on EVRC-B than Apply
  • Tap the Home Screen button and the phone should automatically reset a few seconds afterward. If not, power cycle the phone

Explanation - This changes how the phone compresses and decompressed the call audio which improves the quality.

Any one know about this?

backlash

Reaction score
Yep. Was posted in the thread started by Viperboy, and a few other places.

Bananachaos7

Reaction score
Does this really improve quality? I cant even tell if my phone calls are bad due to reception or this programming feature. I did it anyways, and am hoping it will improve the call quality. I live in PHoenix Arizona, and I should have great coverage.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does this really improve quality? I cant even tell if my phone calls are bad due to reception or this programming feature. I did it anyways, and am hoping it will improve the call quality. I live in PHoenix Arizona, and I should have great coverage.

I don't have a problem with phone quality unless I use Google Voice. I did this and I didn't see a dime's worth of difference.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I did this on my phone the day after I bought it. I can't say if it helped or not but I know I don't have any audio problems on either end (receiver/earpiece).

NaterGator

Reaction score
Just a heads up I made this change and when I went home to Tampa I could not place a call to save my life. Incoming calls worked fine, but outgoing calls would never complete and it was driving me crazy until I connected the dots and changed it back.

So it seems this is okay in most markets, but in a few it completely breaks things.

Istus

Reaction score
Just a heads up I made this change and when I went home to Tampa I could not place a call to save my life. Incoming calls worked fine, but outgoing calls would never complete and it was driving me crazy until I connected the dots and changed it back.

So it seems this is okay in most markets, but in a few it completely breaks things.
Did you run it again while you were down there? My understanding is that you can get your phone to communicate better with specific towers (ie: ones you use most often). Potentially you can lose some of the clarity if you are not near these towers since the phone is looking for something else.

Running the program again will likely tell the phone to to start talking nice with the towers around it.

I'm not an expert on this, but it is my basic understanding of how it works.